John Lewis Boss Calls For Abusing Shop Workers To Be An Offence

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Aldi Handsworth now have some self service tills (as of this time last week). The ones in town have had them for longer iirc.

are they optional at all times, or mandatory in the evening?

6 minutes ago, RJRB said:

That must be a refreshing experience for you.

It's a refreshing experience for everyone to agree about anything on any forum because there area lot of people out there who argue for the sake of it, particularly when ensconced behind their computer keyboard....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fools said:

are they optional at all times, or mandatory in the evening?

Only been in each once since they installed them, they had both tills and the self serve tills open in both branches.

To be fair its a nightmare in Aldi usually if you only want one or two items so I am happy to see them put in there.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Only been in each once csnce they installed them, they had both tills and the self serve tills open in both branches.

if they follow asda and the rest, they'll shut the till service down around 7 or 8, then it's FU tills or nothing.

Only used self service check outs a couple of times. I would have thought they are a shoplifters paradise.

7 minutes ago, fools said:

if they follow asda and the rest, they'll shut the till service down around 7 or 8, then it's FU tills or nothing.

Don't you know how to to scan an item and then pay for it?

I'm sure you've seen it done before

Edited by Jack Grey

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Only used self service check outs a couple of times. I would have thought they are a shoplifters paradise.

was that before they introduced a camera and screen staring you in the face, and weighing scales

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Don't you know how to to scan an item and then use them pay for it?

I'm sure you've seen it done before

lazy trolling

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, fools said:

Lazy trolling

Not really

It's you I always get stuck behind in the queue

The person who cannot scan and pay for a tins of beans without assistance

I totally support your campaign for at least one till to be open for people who struggle with the concept of self service 

27 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Not really

It's you I always get stuck behind in the queue

The person who cannot scan and pay for a tins of beans without assistance

I totally support your campaign for at least one till to be open for people who struggle with the concept of self service 

you don't get stuck behind me buying a packet of crisps, because I always let those behind me, who are apparently are unable to plan ahead and shop in bulk, preferring to faff about buying one thing at a time, go first. They have car parks for a reason, if you're buying a pint of milk, go to the local shop

10 items and under tills have been a thing for a long time, we will end up with nothing but FU tills if you let them continue

Edited by fools
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What about if the ASDA is your local shop?

3 minutes ago, fools said:

you don't get stuck behind me buying a packet of crisps, because I always let those behind me, who are apparently are unable to plan ahead and shop in bulk, rather than faff about buying one thing at a time, go first. They have car parks for a reason, if you're buying a pint of milk, go to the local shop

You're awesome

Id vote for you 

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What about if the ASDA is your local shop?

buy a fridge freezer, and live life more efficiently

the people buying one thing at a time are clearly more of a resource hog than a weekly shopper

Edited by fools
  • Haha 1