Help With Driving Test .

I love sharing good news.....

My daughter is taking driving lessons and doing really well despite everything. 

She is progressing well and every lesson shows improvement but I was still very worried she'd not pass her test.

You see I was under the impression that come test time (both theory and practical) she would struggle quite a bit. Turns out I needn't have worried. Apparently when she takes her theory she will be allowed extra time and a reader. I was very happy to hear this so I hopped online to see what happens about the practical. 

To my absolute delight her examiner will make adjustments to the test to give her a better opportunity to pass.

So my little girl will have a much fairer crack of the whip than I thought.

I'm extremely happy about this and would love to buy the person/people who made these rules a great big pint at Padders Bar 🍺

Thanks for reading 🙏

On the house Daddy    🍺

• Thanks 2

Sounds to me the driving test is not tough enough if examiners  are allowed to make adjustments for some folk taking the driving test. 

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

On the house Daddy    🍺

You're a legend mate 👏

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

Sounds to me the driving test is not tough enough if examiners  are allowed to make adjustments for some folk taking the driving test. 

Why shouldn't adjustments be made?

24 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I love sharing good news.....

My daughter is taking driving lessons and doing really well despite everything. 

She is progressing well and every lesson shows improvement but I was still very worried she'd not pass her test.

You see I was under the impression that come test time (both theory and practical) she would struggle quite a bit. Turns out I needn't have worried. Apparently when she takes her theory she will be allowed extra time and a reader. I was very happy to hear this so I hopped online to see what happens about the practical. 

To my absolute delight her examiner will make adjustments to the test to give her a better opportunity to pass.

So my little girl will have a much fairer crack of the whip than I thought.

I'm extremely happy about this and would love to buy the person/people who made these rules a great big pint at Padders Bar 🍺

Thanks for reading 🙏

This has been written with an assumption that the reader would know why “adjustments” and specific considerations for your daughter would have to be made or considered. Where as some forum members may know some your background, I and others would not - are you able to clarify further, please?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Why shouldn't adjustments be made?

Why should adjustments be made?

It’s sad that some people advertise their ignorance by claiming that the driving test “isn’t tough enough if examiners are allowed to make adjustments for some folk…….”

If a candidate is allowed special  consideration,there’s a reason for it. It happens for `GCSEs ,A-levels and University exams too .

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Happ said:

This has been written with an assumption that the reader would know why “adjustments” and specific considerations for your daughter would have to be made or considered. Where as some forum members may know some your background, I and others would not - are you able to clarify further, please?

Sure. She has developmental delay and she's on the spectrum. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

Why should adjustments be made?

To give Everyone a chance perhaps?

• Like 1

Bless her - hope she passes!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Janet24 said:

Bless her - hope she passes!

Thank you Janet that's very nice of you.

She's actually browsing the forum as we speak so she will see your lovely comment too 🙏

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

To give Everyone a chance perhaps?

Okay if someone  has bad eyesight even with glasses would you be happy if instead of being asked to read a number plate from 20 metres the distance was reduced to 5 metres to give someone with bad eyesight a chance to pass?

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Okay if someone  has bad eyesight even with glasses would you be happy if instead of being asked to read a number plate from 20 metres the distance was reduced to 5 metres to give someone with bad eyesight a chance to pass?

From Google 

What are the driving eyesight requirements? You must be able to read (with glasses or contact lenses, if necessary) a car number plate made after 1 September 2001 from 20 metres. You must also have a visual acuity of at least decimal 0.5 (6/12) measured on the Snellen scale and an adequate field of vision.

So your example is a poor one 👍

• Like 1