Has anyone noticed more traffic in their area from people avoiding the CAZ ?  Cemetery road (S11) from town direction has been almost gridlocked for a couple of days but the vehicles appear to be private/exempt from the charge.

6 minutes ago, Ashcroft said:

Has anyone noticed more traffic in their area from people avoiding the CAZ ?  Cemetery road (S11) from town direction has been almost gridlocked for a couple of days but the vehicles appear to be private/exempt from the charge.

That will be because people are idiots who cant read properly and think that is covers cars.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

That will be because people are idiots who cant read properly and think that is covers cars.

It will though, I'd put a lot of money on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

I had money on the fact someone would indulge in whataboutery with that post, too.

Another post to bookmark.

• Like 2

Any traffic coming from town on any road outside the IRR is avoiding the CAZ.  Perhaps avoiding Ecclesall Road / Hunters Bar? Or has Waitrose been giving stuff away?

Edited by Longcol
  • Like 1

I work on  Ecclesall Road and go up Cemetery Road each morning. I think the extra traffic/ congestion is due to roadworks on Nappier Street meaning people can use it as a cut through to drop back on to Ecclesall Road near Champs. I drive into Sheffield city centre from Woodhouse and don't think the clear air zone has had much on an impact on rush hour traffic from my experience. Still seems to be as much volume of traffic on the roads.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I'll chuck my hat in the ring for that one too.  @HeHasRisen make sure you bookmark! 🥰