Sign in to follow this  

Does Anyone Know Of A Bus That Goes From Town To Magna In Rotherham?

Above.

Attending comic con there next Sunday (12th)

I am aware of Google and Travelsouthyorkshire.com, about 14 years ago I volunteered for SYP at Magna, and used to get the 69 from the bottom of Commercial St, which stopped round the corner from Magna, I'm not sure if that runs any more?

2 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

I am aware of Google and Travelsouthyorkshire.com

Perhaps go and use it then? 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

The X1

Yes. From the Magna website:

The X1 Steel Link service drops visitors right outside Magna, up to every 10 mins.   Travelling from Sheffield City Centre, you can catch the X1 Steel Link from bus stops on Eyre Street, Castle Street and Arundel Gate.  From areas around Sheffield, travel on your local bus to the city centre and then jump on the X1 Steel Link at the most convenient stop.  

The X1 Steel Link travels from Maltby through Rotherham, picking up at the Interchange and on to Magna. Taking only 5 mins, travelling to Magna couldn’t be easier from Meadowhall Interchange on the X1 Steel Link. 

To use a quote... "In't Google grand?"

• Haha 1

Guest busdriver1

X 1 or X 10 both stop near Magna. You can catch them from various stops in the city centre but NOT at the bus station.

As you are intending to travel on a Sunday it will be worth checking the time table as a lower frequency will be running.  

The 10 minute frequency went a long time ago and the best you get on weekdays now is 15 minutes. I believe Sundays may be every 20 minutes 9or even less now.

Edited by busdriver1

Guest busdriver1

Just checked and as I suspected the X1 is lower frequency than that.

It is Hourly on a Sunday.  30 Minutes past every hour at the Moor Market with a Journey time of approx. 26 minutes

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

Just checked and as I suspected the X1 is lower frequency than that.

It is Hourly on a Sunday.  30 Minutes past every hour at the Moor Market with a Journey time of approx. 26 minutes

X10 also doesn't run on a Sunday & with the lower frequency they X1 gets rather busy at times. I was on it last Sunday and it was at capacity from Meadowhall towards Rotherham, however there was an event at Magna so a lot alighted there. 

So you have already been on this bus only last week yet you start a thread asking what bus goes there 🤣🤣🤣🤣 classic.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

So you have already been on this bus only last week yet you start a thread asking what bus goes there 🤣🤣🤣🤣 classic.

Incorrect 

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Incorrect 

I wanted to see if he was reading my posts. Shush. 

He must have been on the X1 last Sunday as the X10 doesnt run Sundays.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

I wanted to see if he was reading my posts. Shush. 

I don’t understand why you are pursuing him like this.