'Individuals Should Not Be Responsible For Being Obese'

8 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I have known fat kids all my life ,they were born fat , they knocked around with us when we were kids ‘ eat the same stuff ‘ played the same games as us ‘ 

They are still fat no matter how much they try to slim ,

I know others who eat and drink for England they have made them selves fat because they eat for the sake of it  ‘eat to live not live to eat is the way forward

I agree, I knew Podgy kids and Skinny kids and now that  they are Adults,  the Podgy are still Podgy and the Skinny are still Skinny.   Reference School dinners, the Skinny kids always wanted seconds but the Podgy ens, didn't bother. In the majority of cases it is down to slow or fast Metabloism. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I think Padders might be performing the strip joints  solo at the moment  regarding  his recent absence from the Forum,   Oh!  and not to worry about Padders Bar, Flapper is in charge of Security, just hope Padders has left him enough Bird Seed.  :hihi:

Scarier and scarier,  eeeek

8 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I know at lot of women, who have molly maids to clean the house, laundry and ironing.

They are so bored, they pay high prices for gyms, and personal trainers and go through the self inflicted torture of hours on treadmills, exercise bikes,  and bowflex machines.

Maybe if they cleaned the house and did the laundry and ironing, they would lose weight and save money, WIN WIN. :hihi:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Maybe if they cleaned the house and did the laundry and ironing, they would lose weight and save money, WIN WIN. :hihi:

Yeah, but cleaning the house, doing the laundry and ironing is boring whereas going to the gym to use the treadmills, exercise bi... never mind.

Avoiding doing boring housework I can appreciate but why spend it doing other boring things instead. Go for a walk/run instead of use a treadmill, ride a bike instead of use an exercise bike, etc.

12 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Now, how did you ever figure that out?  :)

5 minutes ago, altus said:

Yeah, but cleaning the house, doing the laundry and ironing is boring whereas going to the gym to use the treadmills, exercise bi... never mind.

Avoiding doing boring housework I can appreciate but why spend it doing other boring things instead. Go for a walk/run instead of use a treadmill, ride a bike instead of use an exercise bike, etc.

There's a whole cult.

And the gear to go with it. Yoga mat, gym bag, latest cool designer wear, IPhone in one hand and a Starbucks latte in the other.

Oh, and those handsome lotharios that hang out there!

They appear to be mostly slim types, though!  :)

Guest sibon
36 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I know at lot of women, who have molly maids to clean the house, laundry and ironing.

They are so bored, they pay high prices for gyms, and personal trainers and go through the self inflicted torture of hours on treadmills, exercise bikes,  and bowflex machines.

I know a lot of women who are lawyers, architects and teachers.

That tends to keep the boredom at bay.

16 minutes ago, sibon said:

I know a lot of women who are lawyers, architects and teachers.

That tends to keep the boredom at bay.

Lol

Some of those women I'm talking about ARE teachers and lawyers!  :)

Only they can afford that lifestyle!

I don't get much of a bang talking to politically correct lawyers and teachers.

Of course I don't hold them in such high regard, as you do!

I co-habited with an International Education Lecturing Doctor for 4 years, and 2 years with an International Lawyer who drafted the Defense Treaty Between the President of Kazakhstan  and the Defence Minister of the Russian Federation.

You have my sympathies. Neither had the street smarts and resourcefulness of my barely educated partner, and her sheer joy of living! Yep laundry and cooking too!  :

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

I think there is more than one problem in this debate. I know a family of 5 who are all overweight. They have an adopted daughter who I assume had the same diet/lifestyle as them but remains skinny in her 40s. 

However, the other side to this coin is the oft-quoted saying that 'no-one came out of concentration camps overweight'. So it must be partly down to genetics , which obviously we can't do much about, but also down to personal lifestyle and diet - which we can control. Some people just draw the short straw in life and have to accept that and deal with it in whatever way is best for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I have known fat kids all my life ,they were born fat , they knocked around with us when we were kids ‘ eat the same stuff ‘ played the same games as us ‘ 

They are still fat no matter how much they try to slim ,

I know others who eat and drink for England they have made them selves fat because they eat for the sake of it  ‘eat to live not live to eat is the way forward

I would agree that some people put on weight more easily than others, but one can still stay slim, it just involves eating less than someone who tends to stay slim naturally

I'll always remember an article by Matthew Parris who came out with the classic line "you don't see many fat people on the Serengeti plains" (in Africa).....

There's a difference between being fat and grossly obese.

It's the latter, I would wager that is the supposed drain on NHS resources!

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

I agree, I knew Podgy kids and Skinny kids and now that  they are Adults,  the Podgy are still Podgy and the Skinny are still Skinny.   Reference School dinners, the Skinny kids always wanted seconds but the Podgy ens, didn't bother. In the majority of cases it is down to slow or fast Metabloism. 

I think it's as much down to movement. And I don't just mean exercise. When I'm sat anywhere I often find myself tapping my feet or fingers or whatever. Apparently it's also down to how much time you spend standing up, which, apparently, burns more calories than you'd think, and it's also very good for your bones and your balance and much else. I remember hearing a prog about it and just standing, rather than sitting, is supposed to be very good for you.