It's Fa Cup Day.

Alextopman

I can remember the days when today would have been eagerly awaited, the FA Cup was a major thing on the football calendar.

Both Sheffield teams are involved today and I wouldn't be surprised if both teams had exited the competition by 8 o'clock tomorrow night.

What is a shame is the fact that a large majority of fans couldn't care less.

Edited by Alextopman

Just now, Alextopman said:

I can remember the days when today would have been eagerly awaited, the FA Cup was a major thing on the football calendar.

Both Sheffield teams are involved today and I wouldn't be surprised if both teams had exited the competition by 8 o'clock tonight.

What is a shame is the fact that a large majority of fans couldn't care less.

I'd be surprised if Wednesday had exited the competition by 8 o clock tonight....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I'd be surprised if Wednesday had exited the competition by 8 o clock tonight....

Oops my bad I was thinking today is Saturday.

You could include United as well.

Acknowledged my error and corrected it for you.

That's what grown ups do.

Edited by Alextopman

Genuinely couldn’t care less whether the Blades progress or not. 

Sad really, as I really wouldn’t have thought like that years ago. Cup runs used to be fabulous.

But now, all that seems to matter is reaching the top flight. 

Cup competitions just don’t seem to have the worth that they used to.

21 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Oops my bad I was thinking today is Saturday.

You could include United as well.

Acknowledged my error and corrected it for you.

That's what grown ups do.

I stopped myself calling you ignorant and childish or tell you you'd made a mistake..

That's what  proper grown ups do 😎

4 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I stopped myself calling you ignorant and childish or tell you you'd made a mistake..

That's what  proper grown ups do 😎

How would a mistake on the post be ignorant and childish, I was ignorant for a moment on the day nothing childish about that at my age ask a few on here.

Now you said I called you bitter and I pointed out your error, you like a child refused to acknowledge your error and by your post above aren't mature enough to realise.

Edited by Alextopman

Two of the big names in World football go on show tomorrow , The cup history between the two is phenomenal,  I stood on their kop in the sixties and saw the Owls triumph in front of a full house , It snowed heavens high on  the journey there and back we five in a Hillman imp were frozen but happy .

This time I will be sat on my settee wi a cup of Yorkshire tea and a bun .

Sorry to say Newcastle should win with a canter  but the two historic clubs will put on a show . Roll along Sheffield  Wednesday roll along ,put the ball in the net where it belongs we sang at St Jameses  . Bring it on .

Just now, cuttsie said:

Two of the big names in World football go show tomorrow , The cup history between the two is phenomenal,  I stood on their kop in the sixties and saw the Owls triumph in front of a full house , It snowed heavens high on  the journey there and back we five in a Hillman imp were frozen but happy .

Sorry to say Newcastle should win with a canter  but the two historic clubs will put on a show . Roll along Sheffield  Wednesday roll along ,put the ball in the net where it belongs we sang at St Jameses  . Bring it on .

Edited by cuttsie

32 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Two of the big names in World football go on show tomorrow , The cup history between the two is phenomenal,  I stood on their kop in the sixties and saw the Owls triumph in front of a full house , It snowed heavens high on  the journey there and back we five in a Hillman imp were frozen but happy .

Good post Jud keep em coming.