Demise Of Nhs-Pay For Health Care On Horizon

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Covid vaccines were not needed for the majority cancer treatment is.

I don't think the majority are suffering with cancer though!

11 hours ago, L00b said:

As requested (ignore Tweet, postcard is embedded in it, 2021 data)

I think you’ll find that the overall ageing of the UK population year on year, is much more of a problem where the provision of healthcare is concerned, than its overall increase.

Demographics is amongst the UK’s (and other “1st world” countries’) biggest source of socio-economic problems. Not enough births, too many pensioners for the dwindling tax base, not enough economic growth for increasing tax receipts to match the curve.

And who do you think will be willing to take on OAPs for health insurance?

How many pensioners will be able to afford their own treatment?

Maybe we are also about to see the demise of the old age pensioner...

Edited by Anna B

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

And who do you think will be willing to take on OAPs for health insurance?

How many pensioners will be able to afford their own treatment?

Maybe we are also about to see the demise of the old age pensioner...

Maybe?

Need I remind you of the government’s policy of releasing Covid patients to care homes BITD?

Of the government’s endless stonewalling on NHS staff arguably legitimate pay and service/staffing levels grievances of the past years?

If that’s not democide, I don’t know what is.

Maybe the old age pensioners, who vote very majoritarily for Conservatives, should have drawn on this supposedly ‘better’ life experience that they’re supposed to have acquired, projected themselves and used a little critical thinking, at the time of casting votes in recent times.

As it is, they are reaping what they sowed. Nobody else but themselves to blame for letting themselves get repeatedly gaslighted.

Edited by L00b

21 hours ago, L00b said:

Maybe?

Need I remind you of the government’s policy of releasing Covid patients to care homes BITD?

Of the government’s endless stonewalling on NHS staff arguably legitimate pay and service/staffing levels grievances of the past years?

If that’s not democide, I don’t know what is.

Maybe the old age pensioners, who vote very majoritarily for Conservatives, should have drawn on this supposedly ‘better’ life experience that they’re supposed to have acquired, projected themselves and used a little critical thinking, at the time of casting votes in recent times.

As it is, they are reaping what they sowed. Nobody else but themselves to blame for letting themselves get repeatedly gaslighted.

This sort of answer really annoys me.

First of all not all oaps vote Conservative - not by a long way.

What have pensioners 'sowed' exactly? Except 40 years hard labour and tax paying?

What would you have them do to get listened to?

This Government of 12 years listens to no one, which is one of the reasons we're in the mess we're in. And our peculiar FPTP 'democracy' doesn't work anymore anyway.

If they won't listen to nurses, what makes you think they'll ever listen to OAPs? 

The UK pension is one of the worst in Europe.

The NHS is failing. 

Care of old people is also some of the worst in Europe. 

Short of insurrection, I don't know what is going to make this government listen, and I'm not holding my breath about Starmer's Labour either.

We are possibly talking about the extermination of millions of elderly over the next few years. They are seen as imminently expendable, as the Covid in care homes fiasco proved.

Edited by Anna B

Guest makapaka
12 hours ago, top4718 said:

were not needed for the majority cancer treatment is.

So why does that mean people should be able to profiteer from it 

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

This sort of answer really annoys me.

First of all not all oaps vote Conservative - not by a long way.

What have pensioners 'sowed' exactly? Except 40 years hard labour and tax paying?

What would you have them do to get listened to?

(…)

Your blinkers to uncomfortable facts annoy me much more, rest assured.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/ge2019-how-did-demographics-affect-the-result/

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Your blinkers to uncomfortable facts annoy me much more, rest assured.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/ge2019-how-did-demographics-affect-the-result/

If you have something to say, then why don't you say it.

We are not interested in your link to the commons library because the commons are only looking after the vested interests of private business.

As Anna says, NOT ALL pensioners voted for this government and, until you have the sense to realise that a group of people are NOT one big lump,

your trolling  input to this forum in of no interest to us.

This being especially so when you are not a resident of this country and your only interest is the UK  re-joining Europe.

11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

If you have something to say, then why don't you say it.

We are not interested in your link to the commons library because the commons are only looking after the vested interests of private business.

As Anna says, NOT ALL pensioners voted for this government and, until you have the sense to realise that a group of people are NOT one big lump,

your trolling  input to this forum in of no interest to us.

This being especially so when you are not a resident of this country and your only interest is the UK  re-joining Europe.

The Commons library references reports based on factual evidence given to Parliamentary Committees.

So, dismissal of the basic point (the elderly vote gives the Tories its majority, irrespective of the fact that some elderly may vote otherwise - maybe try and connect the dots with your FPTP system), with a sprinkling of wilful ignorance (commons/private system guff) and a little xenophobic dig for good measure…

…and this, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly how the government continually gets away with the outcome of its policies.

Well done 👍🏻

Edited by L00b
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, L00b said:

The Commons library references reports based on factual evidence to Parliamentary Committees.

So, dismissal of the basic point, with a sprinkling of wilful ignorance and a little xenophobic dig for good measure…

…and this, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly how the government continually gets away with the outcome of its policies.

Well done 👍🏻

Others may be interested, but I don't follow links.

If people wish to make an argument, there is a blank page awaiting for them to do so.

You also jump to the wrong conclusions very quickly too, as when you describe me as xenophobic.

As I said, you clearly don't have an argument, unless the commons expresses it for you and, as a foreign citizen, your views are not important.

14 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Others may be interested, but I don't follow links.

Aye, be careful, you might be in danger of learning something that could change your views.

If people wish to make an argument, there is a blank page awaiting for them to do so.

This forum is precisely that, and this thread (plus 2-3 more) precisely the place for arguments about causes and consequences of the NHS crisis and potential demise.

You also jump to the wrong conclusions very quickly too, as when you describe me as xenophobic.

As I said, you clearly don't have an argument, unless the commons expresses it for you and, as a foreign citizen, your views are not important.

Quite aside from the fact that there is no forum rule against foreigners reg’ing and posting on this forum, I have an aggregate 22 years of UK residency in SY under my belt,  a British wife and an elderly British mother in law still residing in SY, so yes, plenty of personal interests in the UK getting its act together, whether in or out of the EU (well, out for the next decade at least, longer still if I can have anything to do with it).

But then, I’m a foreign citizen so my views should be ignored, according to you - twice now.

So, yes, I’m calling it as I see it. Don’t bother dancing on the head of a pin over it, I’ve heard and read all the excuses.

If my views are unimportant to you, I suggest that you ignore them and avoid quoting me in the process. 

Edited by L00b

My wife had a fallout 7 pm  It took two and a half hours  to get an ambulance to her.the ambulance took 25 minutes to A&E.

Then waited 40 minutes outside until a space inside became available.

Joined a queue of six trolleys in the corridor. The ward was full

Seen by a doctor after 4 hours and sent for a scan. Still in the corridor.
Our ambulance driver returned with another patient.

Scan results after  three hours discussed with doctor

Driver returned with another patient.

Had a short chat " you are looking at the death throes of the NHS "he said and left on another call

My daughter picked us up, home at 8am.

On 05/01/2023 at 15:12, Organgrinder said:

Exactly, so we agree again.

Growing population means we need more doctors & nurses, more GP's,  more dentists, more teachers, more house building, more water.

So what we need  (Politicians favourite expression),  is more of all these things and all we ever get instead is CUTS.

Yes, we get plenty of talking about it but what we desperately need,   is somebody DOING it.

How is an increase from 132 billion pounds 10 years ago, to 182 billion now a cut