Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

7 hours ago, carosio said:

Any guess as to where the new boundaries would be?

It's anyone's guess but I'd go with a ring as far out as PoW junction on Parkway with the possibility of the whole Parkway becoming a CAZ corridor. 

Well I live on the outskirts so I might escape it (for a while).

Edited by carosio

I replaced one of our vans in May 2023 so we could enter the forbidden zone without being charged.

Shortly after taking delivery of the van I applied for a grant to help towards the cost of replacing it .

Here we are not far off 12 months later and still no sign of any grant money.

I have exchanged numerous emails and sent various supporting documents as requested but still no sign of any money.

Whichever department in SCC is dealing with these grant applications you ought to be really ashamed of yourselves.

Absolutely disgusting 

9 hours ago, mike1961 said:

I replaced one of our vans in May 2023 so we could enter the forbidden zone without being charged.

Shortly after taking delivery of the van I applied for a grant to help towards the cost of replacing it .

Here we are not far off 12 months later and still no sign of any grant money.

I have exchanged numerous emails and sent various supporting documents as requested but still no sign of any money.

Whichever department in SCC is dealing with these grant applications you ought to be really ashamed of yourselves.

Absolutely disgusting 

If their salaries and pensions depended on satisfying your grant, they'd be falling over themselves to get to your door with the cheque!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/clean-air-zone-sheffield-city-council-planning-to-decommission-system-which-raised-ps7m-in-first-year-4542235

Like that's ever going to happen, as long as it keeps raking in the cash, they must think we're all gullible :loopy:

The government made them implement the CAZ. As far as I can see, neither the government nor the council wanted to do it, they just had to following the court action.

The council are being prudent and  setting aside money to decommission the system when it’s not needed anymore. Other places that have CAZ’s are doing the same. But, you still criticise them.

The council is run by politicians, who want to be re-elected. They will probably see it as a vote winner to decommission the CAZ as soon as they can.  So, you might be pleasantly surprised.

24 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

The government made them implement the CAZ. As far as I can see, neither the government nor the council wanted to do it, they just had to following the court action.

The council are being prudent and  setting aside money to decommission the system when it’s not needed anymore. Other places that have CAZ’s are doing the same. But, you still criticise them.

The council is run by politicians, who want to be re-elected. They will probably see it as a vote winner to decommission the CAZ as soon as they can.  So, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Not going to happen. the Caz has to run for 2 years minimum as per SCC's own paper.

After that 2 years certain monitoring stations will still be over 40 and therefore the CAZ will stay. 

Its never going for the foreseeable

7 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Not going to happen. the Caz has to run for 2 years minimum as per SCC's own paper.

After that 2 years certain monitoring stations will still be over 40 and therefore the CAZ will stay. 

Its never going for the foreseeable

Yes, that’s what I meant, as soon as they have satisfied the legal requirements, which means all sites in the zone have to be compliant for 2 years.

You’d hope that if the only exceedance of the legal limits is at the rail station, there might be a conversation with the government to see if the CAZ can be removed, as the government are the only ones who can reduce / remove the emissions from the trains.

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

Yes, that’s what I meant, as soon as they have satisfied the legal requirements, which means all sites in the zone have to be compliant for 2 years.

You’d hope that if the only exceedance of the legal limits is at the rail station, there might be a conversation with the government to see if the CAZ can be removed, as the government are the only ones who can reduce / remove the emissions from the trains.

no chance of that as they would have had it at the start of the discussions and you cant remove/reduce the emissions from the trains

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

no chance of that as they would have had it at the start of the discussions and you cant remove/reduce the emissions from the trains

You can reduce train emissions by electrifying the network, but that won’t happen anytime soon.

There were originally other locations in the city centre which weren’t compliant. If they become compliant and the station area isn’t and won’t be due to train emissions, you would hope that there might be a conversation with the government.

2 hours ago, Planner1 said:

You can reduce train emissions by electrifying the network, but that won’t happen anytime soon.

There were originally other locations in the city centre which weren’t compliant. If they become compliant and the station area isn’t and won’t be due to train emissions, you would hope that there might be a conversation with the government.

We discussed this many times pre introduction. there were 4 areas over 40 in the findings. i seriously doubt that any of these will become compliant in the next 5 years unless the entire bus fleet is electrified. 

34 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

We discussed this many times pre introduction. there were 4 areas over 40 in the findings. i seriously doubt that any of these will become compliant in the next 5 years unless the entire bus fleet is electrified. 

We’ll have some indication when the fist year results are published