Snowing In Stannington.

18 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Not to worry, I’ve just heard the weather man on LBC forecast that warmer weather will come eventually.

August  :thumbsup:

Rudds1 stated in Post 27 that in Germoney its compulsory to clear ice and snow directly outside one's house. I'm not sure whether its compulsory though. However, if someone slips and injures themself on the snow/ice, then the property owner who hasn't cleared the pavement is liable to pay for any doctor/hospital treatment the victim receives, plus paying for the ambulance to come. The property owner could possibly be  sued as well.

I cleared away snow and ice from outside our property for a good few years and put down cinders, salt and sand. It was a sod though to clear the pavement, then to find the next morning, the pavement full of snow again. Lol. With the wind blowing in from Russia and also the Baltic, the winters in Germoney are no joke.

I lived in Lehrte, a small town, 20 kms east of Hannover, Lower Saxony(Niedersachsen) from 1979-mid 1990's.

On 11/12/2022 at 09:18, pattricia said:

It’s snowed overnight in Stannington and has settled. No cars moving off or coming onto our road.What is it like in your area ?

We're frying eggs on the pavements here in north Devon .... well, not exactly, ha, ha!

Monday  16th Jan 2023.

Started snowing here in Birdwell about half an hour ago.  Quite heavy at the moment.

How long before the city grinds to a halt? I am off to the shops before they run out of bread and milk.

A broken down gritter seen 'on tow' on Sheaf St an hour ago won't help.

Guest busdriver1

we had a few flakes in Rotherham then it stopped.