Water/Gas Leak Stannington Declared A Major Incident

21 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My neighbour tried to explain how I to connect it to the house but being a bit thick I couldn't grasp it. Plus I'd probably cause an electrical fire and kill everyone so I'll be using extension leads.👍

Daddy just a question, because you know your stuff, I just wondered if the the gas heaters in which you put the big blue calour gas bottles in from the back were still around to buy,  there were plenty around in the mid 70s and 80s. :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Daddy just a question, because you know your stuff, I just wondered if the the gas heaters in which you put the big blue calour gas bottles in from the back were still around to buy,  there were plenty around in the mid 70s and 80s. :thumbsup:

Yep, they're still around

https://www.therange.co.uk/diy/heating/heaters/portable-fire-calor-gas-space-heater-ceramic-warmer/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Essentials-Portable-Butane-Heater-Standard/dp/B08HSC2XQP/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Calor+Gas+Heaters+WITH+Gas+Bottle&qid=1670592685&sr=8-2

Edited by alchresearch

36 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

They certainly are matey. I use FloGas though. Same as calor just a different brand and a yellow bottle.

Mine uses 13kg butane bottles. 👍

26 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Oops, you beat me to it. I must say those are a bit pricy though. I bought one a couple of years ago from Rothergas  

If memory serves it was £135 Inc a 13kg bottle.

Mind you, that was a couple of years ago....

Just checked and the price for a heater and 13kg bottle included is now £165.

Edited by The_DADDY

I wonder if this is going to be brought up at the next emergency (but couldn't be bothered) or (not on the flowchart) meeting.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/emergency-planning

There are people employed on big wages to plan and deal with these type of incidents and yet people were left to deal with things on their own.

22 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

They certainly are matey. I use FloGas though. Same as calor just a different brand and a yellow bottle.

Mine uses 13kg butane bottles. 👍

We had a couple years ago, they are  really worth every penny,  uesful in this weather in an emergency or if your working in your garage or garden shed and just right for caravaners.  Cheers Daddy for the info :thumbsup: 

It has been announced now that the people involved will get double the standard compensation for what has happened. 

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

We had a couple years ago, they are  really worth every penny,  uesful in this weather in an emergency or if your working in your garage or garden shed and just right for caravaners.  Cheers Daddy for the info :thumbsup: 

Any time matey 👍

And you're right, they are worth every penny, I wouldn't be without mine 

11 minutes ago, dutch said:

It has been announced now that the people involved will get double the standard compensation for what has happened. 

Sounds good depending on what the standard compo is.

On 09/12/2022 at 13:32, alchresearch said:

Thankyou Al. :thumbsup:

34 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Any time matey 👍

And you're right, they are worth every penny, I wouldn't be without mine 

Sounds good depending on what the standard compo is.

Thanks to you and Al, I'll be buying one this week, a handy piece of kit and to have around. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Thankyou Al. :thumbsup:

Thanks to you and Al, I'll be buying one this week, a handy piece of kit and to have around. :thumbsup:

Great stuff. I'm happy to have been of some help 🙏

53 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Great stuff. I'm happy to have been of some help 🙏

Due to  your infinate  wisdom my days in the shed and garage will be a lot more comfortable.  :thumbsup::banana:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, dutch said:

Paid by the gas company by the looks of things, no mention of the water company, I wonder if the gas company chase them separately?