Advice On Finding An Electrician

46 minutes ago, Janet Cookson said:

We have a problem re one of our circuits in our house - it has an intermittent fault. Would be pleased if anyone could pass on a recommendation for an electrician.  

If someone gave you a recommendation and anything went badly  wrong you could hold the recommender liable.

34 minutes ago, carosio said:

Don't know anyone personally, but they have to be qualified to, I think, part 17/18 Edition regulations.

Is that because they say that they are, or do you check out their docs?  I ask because I’ve never actually checked out anyone’s qualifications, maybe I should start doing so.

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

Is that because they say that they are, or do you check out their docs?  I ask because I’ve never actually checked out anyone’s qualifications, maybe I should start doing so.

Rarely been presented with the opportunity to ask for proof, but I think they would be obliged to show certificate if requested (unless forged)!

If you get a receipt or invoice with a letterhead on it, it might show there; depends whether it's a company or sole trader, I suppose.

Edited by carosio