Air Fryers

3 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

I love cooking a proper roast dinner but I'm scared of using the electric oven!  My energy supplier, E-on used to charge 28.22p per KWH until 30/09/22 but the prices rocketed to 51.09 per KWH on01/10/22. 

No it didnt. You are currently having it discounted to something around the 35p mark, along with every other domestic customer on the default tarriff.

Edited by HeHasRisen

44 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

I lo I have the oven on for about 2 hours and it uses about 6 kilowatts.  I can buy a large chicken for £4 but o cook it/ along with a few roasties   & parsnips, a Yorkshire pud &some stuffing costs more than £3. Crazy.

have you actually measured it using a smartmeter?

chicken is usually 90 mins or so at 180, of that the oven will only be on for about an hour because the thermostat will kick in. typical ovens use 2 - 2.2 kw per hour

the gadget you're looking at is 2kw. I doubt there'll be much in it, and a bigger oven can be used for baked potatoes and the like, for another day.

as already mentioned, the proposed price rises to 50p+ didn't happen yet, thanks to Liz. capped until april, that's when the fun starts

these things look difficult to clean, all that fat being blown around.

Edited by fools

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

No it didnt. You are currently having it discounted to something around the 35p mark, along with every other domestic customer on the default tarriff.

I agree, up to a point HHR,but the £400 discount nowhere near covers the increase in my bills. It's better than nowt, I admit, but the discount is being withdrawn after next March - and the energy charges will rise again in April.  I guess this discussion is for a different thread though

4 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

I agree, up to a point HHR,but the £400 discount nowhere near covers the increase in my bills. 

The £400 is ON TOP of the decrease down to about 35p a unit. Go and look at one of your bills. Eon will either a) have changed your unit rate down to 35p or so, or b) be billing you at 51.09p and then applying a seperate line discount to bring you in to under 35p or so.

I am with Eon but I cant show you my bill as an example as I am still on a fixed 26p per unit rate I signed up to in February.

You arent paying 51p a unit. From April....maybe.

Edited by HeHasRisen

the price is slightly irrelevant, as they both run on electricity, and both use 2kw or more.

Edited by fools

Our Ninji is bloody brilliant .. cooks a full chicken in 50 mins and the taste is  out of this World , Yorkshire puddings  in. Around 8 mins and they rise  better than in the hottest oven .best gadget we have ever bought

12 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Our Ninji is bloody brilliant .. cooks a full chicken in 50 mins and the taste is  out of this World , Yorkshire puddings  in. Around 8 mins and they rise  better than in the hottest oven .best gadget we have ever bought

I’m thinking of getting one. Which model have you got?

A relative has a Ninja Dual Air Fryer, she loves it and cooks all sorts in it.  She made a chip buttie for me to show me how it works. She washed  a large potato, left the skin on, cut it into chips and mixed them with a teaspoon of olive oil in a basin. Seasoned with salt and pepper then  into the Ninja for about 15 minutes.  It was one of the best chip butties I have tasted. Definitely no need to but frozen chips.

The only problem with the Ninja dual air fryer I’m not sure if you can get a full chicken in it.