What planet are the local agents on?

I remember this house been for sale the first time - the price was lowered a few times. In fact I think a couple of times it was marked as sold, only to go back on the market, which I thought could be due to bad surveys.

Anyway, I think the current sellers have done quite a bit of work to it. They definitely changed windows, which were naff double glazing of the "floral" variety and totally out of keeping with the rest of the house.

I do think it's overpriced though. It's very close to the main road, and looks very hemmed in by other buildings - the garden must be tiny for a house of this size.

I know this sounds a bit obvious, but it's true.....it's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

The price it sells for is the price it is worth to that purchaser on that day and the price at which the vendor is prepared to let it go. Simple. :)

I would have to agree with Tony - I don't think this is an unrealistic price for a detached house in that part of town; even though I would rather have a bit more outside space for my taste.

It looks if it has been refurbed so the 'profit' may not be as impressive as it looks at first glance. A back-to-brick refurb done well with a full re-wire, re-plum, nice kitchen etc could easily come to 50k on a house of that size, especially when you factor in the costs of holding the property with buying, selling and financing costs. Still a nice bit of profit if they get that price...

I'm with you there do-a-bull. Any profits will be slim, and I suspect smaller than expected. It's a nice house in a nice area, and I've no doubt that somebody will buy it.

I've been doing a bit of digging, and terraces are nearing £400k in off-market deals around there. They are nice, big 4 storey Edwardian town houses, but they are terraces with small gardens non the less.

More and more these days I think a lot of people are seeing the advantages of living close to town and the amenities in that area, and this sort of property is the equivalent of living in say Chelsea in London. You don't get the drunks and mess that you do right in the centre, but you do get all the benefits of the conservation area, the shops, bars, restaurants, great parks and gardens, good public transport, etc, etc.

It's certainly not overpriced for what and where it is.