Holiday Camp On The Outskirts Of Sheffield.

1 hour ago, Cody's Granddad said:

In all my 62 years of being on this Earth living in Sheffield I've never been to Rother Valley Park 😄 

Been twice once to test a boat out.

Other than that if I'm going to Wales I'm going to Wales 🤣 .

23 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Whats so funny about that! They already have caravans/tourers next to water ski clubhouse, a cafe, cycles of all types for hire, pedlos,canoes, a  kiddies train ride, and they use to have a massive fun fair every summer Im not sure if that still happens but could be rebooked, plus there is Gullivers theme park,  a few chalets and a shower block would make a decent short stay holiday venue, in other words it has  already got the  basics, can't see what you find funny.

We're having a week in Sheffield Rother Valley Park???? I can  just imagine how that conversation will progress, ha, ha!!

17 hours ago, sedith said:

We're having a week in Sheffield Rother Valley Park???? I can  just imagine how that conversation will progress, ha, ha!!

You have posted twice with Ha, Ha, is that it?  Stick to imagining how the conversation would progress because I gather by your non detailed reason for disliking Rother Valley,  a conversation of,  infact,  any kind, would be imposible.

I think in this day and age the market for people wanting to go on holiday for a week to a place only a few miles from their house is extremely low. 

Its not the 1950s anymore. 

34 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I think in this day and age the market for people wanting to go on holiday for a week to a place only a few miles from their house is extremely low. 

Its not the 1950s anymore. 

Hmmm... :huh:

Why should it matter how far away from home you are? :confused:

The difference in weather between Skeggy and Sheffield will be negligible. :hihi:

13 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

The difference in weather between Skeggy and Sheffield will be negligible. :hihi:

I dont like Skegness but at least it has a beach.

People prefer to go a distance these days, even if it is only 50 or so miles to the coast or whatever,

Guest busdriver1
6 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

But Skeggy has a 50 foot pier, surely that makes a difference 😁

Wouldn't the point be to attract people from outside the local area?