Tram Disruptions

Been going on for 5 weeks now . Really poor practice 

The dot matrix at Middlewood has not been providing false information about the next tram for about 3 weeks now because they have turned off the GPS there

I am not sure if this is an experiment to decide if they will turn them all into expensive clocks or just another example of couldn't care less or if the maintenance people are all busy fixing the wires

I was in a tram Tuesday where second door on left behind driver was not working.

Thursday on same line was in a tram that had this same door blocked off out of order.

I do assume it was the same tram as Tuesday and wonder why do they drive along this long with an out of order malfunction door. 

Edited by dutch

I would be surprised if it was the same tram and it had not been repaired overnight 

2 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

I would be surprised if it was the same tram and it had not been repaired overnight 

Maybe, I did not check tram numbers. It was certainly doors at same position malfunction twice in one week. 

They are working on the overhead (lunch time today) by Direct Cars.  Various road/rail vehicles trundling about on the track, one a cherry picker type with people working on the wires. 

Guest busdriver1

Dare I suggest that with the impending end of the contract Stagecoach may not feel inclined to purchase and hold in stock,  spares that may not get used during their tenure?  Cynical I know but thats the way they tend to work,

7 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Dare I suggest that with the impending end of the contract Stagecoach may not feel inclined to purchase and hold in stock,  spares that may not get used during their tenure?  Cynical I know but thats the way they tend to work,

I would be surprised as I would expect that the transfer would include payment for stock to prevent such silliness but true you never know with the PTE 

I thought that Stagecoach only operated the trams, the infrastructure remained the property of SYPTE, so I would have assumed it is they who should have the spares, much like Network Rail own the track while operating companies run the trains.

2 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

When is the contract up ?

I believe that the contract with Stagecoach expires in 2024.  I've also read that the operation will then be "brought back in house" & operated by SYPTE, with a lot of central govt funded investment in the system.

Edited by GleadlessLad