Does Anybody Know Any Agents That Accept Pets In Sheffield,

🤔  I need to move to Sheffield from Barnsley ,I got 375 rent and 400 bond deposit.not lots of stairs as I'm have use walking stick.i got a quiet cat very well behaved and toilet trained house cat,I'm tidy tenant been with pinto solutions over three years,they would be my reference they said.

Edited by Pets allowed

It's not really Letting Agents that cause the 'pets' problem.

Instead, it's:

a. leasehold covenants on most flats which often preclude a sub-letting leaseholder from allowing the sub-tenant's pets; and

b. mortgagees (lenders) whose mortgage conditions might also preclude pets.

So you'd be best seeking to take a sub-letting of a freehold house (= no leasehold covenants) that's unmortgaged.

SYHA allow pets in some properties and not others, the criteria seems to be based on whether the property has it's own front door; so 1 bed flats in a block with a shared main entrance would not have pets, whereas a 1 bed flat not in a block with an individual front door would allow a pet.

Edited by onewheeldave

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2021 at 10:56, onewheeldave said:

SYHA allow pets in some properties and not others, the criteria seems to be based on whether the property has it's own front door; so 1 bed flats in a block with a shared main entrance would not have pets, whereas a 1 bed flat not in a block with an individual front door would allow a pet.

I still can't find anywhere even 1 bedroom flats to rent 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2021 at 05:58, Ghozer said:

New rules came into effect in January this year mean that Land Lords cannot automatically ban/disallow pets

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-standard-tenancy-agreement-to-help-renters-with-well-behaved-pets

No. These are simply a precedent form of Letting Agreement.

They are not enforceable- nor can they override pre-existing obligations (e.g. covenants enforceable by the landlord [lessor] in the long lease of a flat, or obligations enforceable by the mortgagee [lender] under mortgage conditions).