One Plus 3t Home Launcher Gone Awol

This has also happened to another user on 1+ community a few days before mine went AWOL. Don't want to do a factory reset as still got a lot of pics to back up which I was able to view but not move anywhere. Have had to temporarily resort to using old 1+3. Discovered an option to reset the Launcher back to factory defaults but it warns all data will be lost - is this just in terms of apps (email and the like), or does it mean everything? I've tried clearing storage and cache but no joy. Looking at the error report it would appear it is a Java issue based on the details of a 'bad call'. Any advice appreciated. I managed to launch ES File Manager and gallery yesterday but I could really do with getting to KDE Connect but it crashes before I can put K in the search bar. Thinking of migrating to a Motorola Edge+

Edited by swarfendor437
Typo error in Title

It shouldn't reset your apps and such, I thought the launcher was literally just like the app tray that lists all the apps and shows your home screens?

Not sure if it's different on the 3T, I've got an 8.

on ANY android device, you can change the launcher.. I myself use Microsoft Launcher...

If I want to reset, I can either go to MS Launcher settings, and tell it to 'not be default launcher' anymore... or go into apps under settings, and clear the Cache for both MS launcher, and the default Launcher, this then resets it, and next time I press the HOME button, It asks me which launcher I want to use... select the one, and tick the "Always use this launcher" or whatever box if you so choose..

You should never need to do a reset or loose any data to switch launchers :)

Edited by Ghozer

Thanks guys. Some positive news. I managed to uninstall the One Plus Launcher and now I have the black screen showing all the apps. I launched kde connect and copied some downloads but not everything. But now the list of apps is stable, went to settings and have selected use usb for file transfer, so now I am backing up everything. The Motorola Edge+ is currently almost half-price and I've had the 1+ 3T for 4 and a half years (bought it just after launch). At Pyrotequila - I temporarily subscribed to Which? magazine and they were claiming that the One+ 7T Pro was a better spec than the 1+ 8 but I know they can get things wrong. Having just compared the 1+ 7T Pro against the Motorola, whilst it is £30 dearer the camera specs are phenomenal at 108 Mp! Also it states 2 days battery time. Youngest has a cheaper end Motorola and that lasts for several days. I'm also a latent fan of Motorola chips, being the owner of an Amiga 1500! LOL! Pleased to say all the stuff is now transferring across! Take care guys.

Edited by swarfendor437
missed out text

Update:finally managed to back everything up to PC and done a refresh and all is well so glad I didn't go for the Motorola. Read an interesting review on Tech Radar which stopped me from being hasty. Currently playing with Smart launcher and will have a play with Nova launcher (free version)

Edited by swarfendor437
missed info

Update 2: Only just noticed this a.m. that Google had taken over the phone, installing voice assist which I don't want. Then checked my backup I had made and not everything had copied across so launched a different LinuxOS to backup to one folder at a time, remembering to create a .vcf file of all my contacts first - and on this point, remember to make a backup of your contacts regularly and update your .vcf file - I have lost some contacts which I can get back from family members.) Now getting back to a more pure 1+ experience - hopefully!