Carbrook School

my family lived in the same yard as you terry [andrew anne myself pete lacey]around the same time lived at number 41 between the martins & beevers can`t remember you myself as around that time i was living with my aunt on liverpool street

Does anyone know the fosters that lived on street before carltonville rd.

Does anyone know the fosters that lived on street before carltonville rd.

Which road do you mean, Broughton Lane, or Terry Street?

hi lynn rodgers do you remember by any chance vicki maskery she went to parkhouse but lived in Tinsley she would have hung about with you lot l know she used to catch to bus all the time l am her younger sister jean. l married the Tinsley park keeper who also lived at attercliffe baths we lived there for years, l left him and he stayed there for many years after l used to work at the baths god l have seen some sights

Which road do you mean, Broughton Lane, or Terry Street?

As you walked round the corner from the infants school,just past mr and mrs sales sweet shop.

hi pete you may know my sisters susan an christine also i put lartons not lacey haha our susan 60 im 54 she remembers the laceys

your the same age as me terry

unfortunately i remember very little from that age as i was put in care when i was about 6 my mother brother & sister lived there for a few years after me but then moved to liverpool st when mum & dad`s marriage broke down i believe at that time english steel owned the property & when dad lost his job mom lost the house or she didn`t pay the rent never got a lot of truth out of her over them early years from what i recall the probably moved about 60/63 can remember greens corner shop & greengrocers at the bottom of the street near the school [went there for first year of school then to maltby st] mom & dad now dead havent seen my brother or sister for 30 odd years such is life

better neighbours in thhem times than you tend to find now remember paddling in the yard when it used to flood & getting my a*se smacked for doing it

Hi Damnika.

This will be a revelation for you,your Dad was my best man with your Mom

and I went to schol with her

Does anyone on here know Susan Cousins,She had a brother called paul chipchase..Her mother was called betty chipchase.Would love to trace susan down she was my bessie mate way back then in the 1960s..

i pete been in hospital thats why its took time to reply,i remember when the yard use to flood haha we must have know each other i was born at 45 yarouth st there till i was 11 we had a fence round our house because of the dog ,remeber going to toilets at top of yard they were great times wish i had saved school photos

hi terry

sorry to hear youve been in hospital

yes they were`nt bad days dont hold a lot of good family based memories can just about remember the corner house in the yard being fenced remember steve martin working his way thro the attic spaces [ or so i was told] the toilets were a trial in winter our cellar used to flood with the rain then we had to paddle across the cellar to get the coal [when we had any] sometimes we had to use the tin bath as a boat to reach it

good neighbours in them days everyone used to look after their neighbours

seem to remember eric woodhead had relatives that lived at the top end of the yard

and a scrap car that used to be on the waste ground at the entrance to the yard swarms of maggots were crawling all over the place when they moved it

as i said we lived at 41 next door to the martins rember gary kemp & his brother & a girl called gillian saunders but it was many years ago so memory is not what it was plus there was a lot of family turmoil developing at the time which split the whole family which led to me being put into care & my brother shortly after, my brother returned home to my mother but yarmouth street was my last home as a family tho`i did visit from time to time until my mother left the area

I think they might be different schools, but I'll mention it to Mum tomorrow and see if she recognises the names. Carbrook C of E was on the very end of Bright Street... can't remember the name of the road it was actually on.

My Dad went to Coleridge Road though. Albert Rawson and they lived on Century Street.

Damkina

Hi Damkina

Guess what your Dad was my Best Man at my wedding and I went to school with your Mom,even in the same class.

Perhaps she might fill me in with the blanks of the people in our class, these are the ones I remember.

Rita Smith,Ann Johnson,Gloria Johnstone,Valerie Ashworth,Pat Bray,Annie Goodwin,her freind Brenda ? ,Linda Rothwell,Betty Staniforth,June Womack Jean ?

The boys.

Tony Green,Brian Goodrum,Brain Mitchell.Graham Luxom Terry Barfield<Trevor Jones.Micheal Pinder, Alf Watson,Barry Blakemore,Peter Jarvis,Denis Coleridge,Howard Becket, ? Murphy, David Ball who left,Jack Dodsley Denis

Richmond joined us later, and the ones who went to Grammar and I don't know how they did it Keith Athey ,Barry Brumpton, Barry Kellner and his mate Stan ?

yours

Nougerie