The Labour Party - Part 2

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

What news?

:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

This is being whipped up into a storm by a bunch of Tory MPs who ruthlessly exploit the parliamentary expenses system

I'm no fan of the Tories but let's no pretend they are the only ones doing it. In fact Labour are even worse. Between 1st April 2022 and 31 March 2023 the average amount claimed by Tory MPs was £42,416. The average amount claimed by Labour MPs during the same period was £43,608.

16 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

A bloke who has dodged about £100 million in UK tax, is using a newspaper which is offshored in Bermuda so that it doesn’t pay UK tax, to suggest that a politician might have failed to pay CGT on a house sale.

This is being whipped up into a storm by a bunch of Tory MPs who ruthlessly exploit the parliamentary expenses system, thereby taking our hard earned cash and putting it into their bank accounts.

Hope that clears things up. No need for a link, that’s all true.

That was 14 years ago!

4 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

I'm no fan of the Tories but let's no pretend they are the only ones doing it. In fact Labour are even worse. Between 1st April 2022 and 31 March 2023 the average amount claimed by Tory MPs was £42,416. The average amount claimed by Labour MPs during the same period was £43,608.

I’m going to do a Hackey and say the average amount claimed by Tory MPs was £100,000 and the average amount claimed by Labour MPs was 50p.

10 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I can’t see anything on the Daily Express site.

https://www.express.co.uk

You didn't look hard enough . 

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You didn't look hard enough . 

Take them blinkers off .

Just now, hackey lad said:

Take them blinkers off .

You’re talking to yourself again.

Just now, Mister Gee said:

You’re talking to yourself again.

I find it therapeutic . 

20 minutes ago, El Cid said:

That was 14 years ago!

And 5 years before she became an MP.

The Tories have opened a can of worms with this. They now have no defence if Labour declares open season on bringing up past financial dealings of Tory MPs/prospective candidates - including insisting that the police (re)open investigations into them.