Coronavirus - Part Two.

Just now, hackey lad said:

Middle of winter and ?

In common with most respiratory viruses the effective reproduction number (in temperate zones) is probably higher in winter.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Whats wrong with December ?

It’s cold, wet and dark and therefore people spend more time indoors, kapeesh!

On 11/07/2021 at 11:09, onewheeldave said:

I'm no fan of right wing tories, but, had labour been in power, the lockdowns/restritions, fines, bans and censorship would have been even more extreme.

I don't think they would have done things much different tbh. Hence why they have been quiet. Just waiting for mistakes to highlight them.

I think if Labour in power, we'd be in similar position to now.

27 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Well, we've had 16 months of lockdowns and restrictions.  First, we were told it was to protect those with pre-existing conditions and to shield them and the over 85's as together they were by far the most vulnerable, until we got an effective vaccine.  ...[...]

Before reading the rest of the post, this bit stands out, as 'hindsight talk'

At first, no one really knew what to do, because no one knew enough about it. Ask any NHS staff.

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Sound / my scenario is that it doesn’t.

Ah well then you might prefer: Team Virus is as we speak brushing up on its Greek alphabet and is using our exploding case numbers to stealthily let loose its latest devilish creation.

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

Ah well then you might prefer: Team Virus is as we speak brushing up on its Greek alphabet and is using our exploding case numbers to stealthily let loose its latest devilish creation.

Sound / so my scenario is more likely than yours.

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

It’s cold, wet and dark and therefore people spend more time indoors, kapeesh!

Yes  I Capiche . Lots of people spent last December indoors , Capiche.?   Tell me whats different this December Capiche ?

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Just wait until they have to move on to the Cyrillic alphabet

5 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

At first, no one really knew what to do, because no one knew enough about it. Ask any NHS staff.

I am just saying what we were told was the reason for the "temporary" lockdown.  Then when all those deemed in the main "at risk" category were vaccinated, they decided to jab us all before they'd reinstate our freedoms.

Guest makapaka
25 minutes ago, sibon said:

I don’t see why long Covid should affect us getting back to normal. It will affect those who suffer from it, but it isn’t a contagious condition, so it doesn’t threaten the health of others.

The boozers are open, btw.

Because it will be a another reason to introduce restrictions.

too many people getting long Covid.

boozers are open for now yeah.

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Because it will be a another reason to introduce restrictions.

too many people getting long Covid.

boozers are open for now yeah.

What about December ?

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I am just saying what we were told was the reason for the "temporary" lockdown.  Then when all those deemed in the main "at risk" category were vaccinated, they decided to jab us all before they'd reinstate our freedoms.

Yes, I'm not arguing that things haven't changed. 

To be fair, everyone could have turned down the injections. We aren't forced into it. We can see the people who weren't taking it and the results of that, so it's a no-brainer really. 

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What about December ?

Eh?