World's Largest Container Ship Arrives In Uk From China.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2020 at 12:14, Janus said:

My curiosity is the return journey. I'm pondering what the Chinese could want/need from the UK. They make just about everything.

I think Scotch whisky will be in one or two of them containers when it leaves the UK. You could fit a lot of bottles in a container.  Also  engineering equipement. Maybe more plastic injection moulding set-ups for making stuff for our pound shops. :)

2 years ago the UK exported over 2 billion pounds worth of good to China according to this link.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7379/

More than likely will be rubbish; literally.  Lots of used items of PPE, that originated from China.  The madness continues.  No wonder China is laughing.  They sell the cheap stuff to us and then we pay them to take it back.

Edited by Lex Luthor

3 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

More than likely will be rubbish; literally.  Lots of used items of PPE, that originated from China.  The madness continues.  No wonder China is laughing.  They sell the cheap stuff to us and then we pay them to take it back.

I watched Big (or something like that) with Richard Hammond on discovery. He was on a similarly sized ship and it just keeps going round the world. It will drop some containers off and then pick some up at the same dock at the same time rather than empty the entire ship and reload or sail half empty.

Clever stuff.