Penistone Road Retail Development

8 minutes ago, Arthur Ritus said:

Also you can never get tired of that video  :thumbsup:

So true!

Can anyone decipher the route after Hillsborough park into the city centre? Do they continue on the current A61 or divert  off somewhere? Sme of the buildings towards the end look vaguely familiar, but I'm really struggling to place them.....

1 hour ago, bluecanary said:

So true!

Can anyone decipher the route after Hillsborough park into the city centre? Do they continue on the current A61 or divert  off somewhere? Sme of the buildings towards the end look vaguely familiar, but I'm really struggling to place them.....

The route has stayed pretty much the same other than where Old Penistone Rd diverts past the Toyota dealer and rejoins at the traffic lights near Hillfoot Bridge and also a couple of places towards Shalesmoor where you can see bits of the old road.  It's basically the buildings that have changed and obviously the dual carriageway

Edited by Lancs_Lad

3 hours ago, Lancs_Lad said:

The route has stayed pretty much the same other than where Old Penistone Rd diverts past the Toyota dealer and rejoins at the traffic lights near Hillfoot Bridge and also a couple of places towards Shalesmoor where you can see bits of the old road.  It's basically the buildings that have changed and obviously the dual carriageway

Thanks Lancs_Lad. Has changed beond all recognition now with demolition of the buildings for the creation of the dual carriageway.

On 26/09/2019 at 10:39, geared said:

Filmed on a motorbike perhaps??

Given the speed an all that, not many cars back in the day were so swift.

ah I just watched this and thought some crazy overtaking,

but I didn't consider on a bike.

(if it said so I missed it, I had sound off)

really interesting film though!