Would go out with someone just because they had money

I pay if i take a girl out, i reckon its nice. Shows your generous... plus i'd be dead embarressed to ask a lass to chip in half! - not only that essentially, if I'M taking someone out, then I should pay 4 it.

Money and Power makes individuals appear more attractive than they actually are. Not just to self-confessed gold-diggers (often female but sometimes male too.

Just look at some of the rich people who are ugly and then look at the stunning partner/wife they have.

I know a few people who 'hang out' in the places where they are more likely to meet a bloke who has money. Sad, so very very sad!

A combination of looks, personality, sense of humour, intelligence, motivation, kindness to others, sex appeal - all go towards making the package that makes someone attractive (to me anyway).

Some people may genuinly find money attractive but someone who makes me laugh is going to earn my attention.

I couldn't go out with someone just because they were rich. Money is the biggest controller of our capitalist system but i've learned to use it not be used by it.

Besides money will die a death as Peak Oil (Oil depletion for some) takes it's hold in the very near future.

Going out with someone JUST because they had money, thats pretty crappy...but people are kidding themselves if they think money doesnt play a large part in relationships :o

...but people are kidding themselves if they think money doesnt play a large part in relationships :o

This is true and something I keep trying to get over to people. Our capitalist system is full of flaws, it's great if your on the top of the pyramid - the privalaged, but it's crap and flawed if your underneath this very peak of the pyramid - the masses of the population. Of course the privalidged peeps at the top blind the lower levels by making them think they have lots by giving them tons of credit :hihi:

Capitalism may have ruled for 2000 years but it is on it's last legs as it's nearly ate all it's natural resources.

Hows that song go...

If her Daddies rich take her out for a meal

If her Daddies poor do whatever you feel

The best advice I got as a kid was from my uncle Geoff.

He said "when ya get married lad, get thee sen a rich lass - an only child at that - that can already drive & has a car. Even if she looks like a frog"

Sheer poetry

The thing is, how do u view it ?

If a girl dates a guy, she still prefers if the guy paid for her. Ideally. ...

Is this generally the case? I don't feel that way. If the bloke had less money than I did, I'd be more than happy to pay for anything that might be a little more expensive than he could afford; trips to the theatre several times a month, weekend breaks or whatever.

Where there's financial equality, I prefer to pay my own way, or take it in turns to pay for things like restaurant bills, cinema etc. I wouldn't press the issue if he wanted to pay, but it certainly isn't a requirement.

I have many friends are very rich!

But I won't do that..

I have many friends are very rich!

Any single female ones, aged about 30, Nancy? :heyhey:

Hows that song go...

If her Daddies rich take her out for a meal

If her Daddies poor do whatever you feel

The best advice I got as a kid was from my uncle Geoff.

He said "when ya get married lad, get thee sen a rich lass - an only child at that - that can already drive & has a car. Even if she looks like a frog"

Sheer poetry

Genious :thumbsup:

Might aswell,It would be money well spent

Is this generally the case? I don't feel that way. If the bloke had less money than I did, I'd be more than happy to pay for anything that might be a little more expensive than he could afford; trips to the theatre several times a month, weekend breaks or whatever.

Where there's financial equality, I prefer to pay my own way, or take it in turns to pay for things like restaurant bills, cinema etc. I wouldn't press the issue if he wanted to pay, but it certainly isn't a requirement.

I quite agree. Equality is everything in a relationship, and I for one don't think it strange if I paid for things when I'm out with someone.