More Christian Terrorism in the USA

Guardian

Man Arrested for Plotting Clinic Attack

Friday June 9, 2006 2:16 AM

AP Photo MDCUM101

By STEPHEN MANNING

Associated Press Writer

RIVERDALE, Md. (AP) - A man who told police he made a pipe bomb to attack an abortion clinic was arrested Thursday, shortly before the device went off in a friend's home while authorities tried to disable it, according to court documents.

No one was injured by the explosion, which started a fire that burned the top floor of the Riverdale home, officials said.

Some friends of Robert F. Weiler Jr. had tipped off police about the 25-year-old's alleged plans Wednesday night.

Weiler then called the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and surrendered to state troopers at a rest stop on Interstate 68 just after midnight. Investigators found a handgun and ammunition in his car, officials said.

According to an ATF affidavit, Weiler planned to bomb an abortion clinic in Greenbelt and use a .40-caliber handgun he had stolen from a friend to ``shoot doctors who provided abortions.''

Weiler faces four federal counts including making a destructive device and possessing an illegal handgun. He was being held Thursday.

Phone messages left at Weiler's home were not returned. A car in the driveway had a frame around the front license plate that read ``Choose Life'' and ``God is pro-Life.''

A woman who answered the phone at the Greenbelt clinic said they had not heard of the threat. In 1989, 80 abortion opponents were arrested for trespassing in a demonstration outside the clinic.

Just a little more evidence that all the 'peoples of the book' seem to be able to find reason to maim and kill in their faiths.

edit...quick delete post before looking like a bell :o :o

PS, Matt?

Guardian

Just a little more evidence that all the 'peoples of the book' seem to be able to find reason to maim and kill in their faiths.

Ahhhh, you're just trolling now with something to deflect the attention from the UK's current terrorist threat.

Quoting the actions of an individual nutter doesnt make the actions of many Madrass students sanctioned & approved by their religious leaders any lesser.

Good try tho :thumbsup: 4/10

Next!

PS/ just because his license plate says God is pro life...

Where does HE state he acted in the word of the bible?

It says HARRATS on our number plate but I don't act for them :hihi:

And finding something from The Guardian... Please! :roll::hihi:

Slow day, Don? :hihi:

Wilf

I know mate - I've become a victim of my own fun :hihi:

Started with a bit of 'fishing' and got trapped in my own net, oh well, I'm going home soon - to wander round an empty supermarket seeing if theres any burgers or beer left.

Good day :thumbsup:;)

Ahhhh, you're just trolling now with something to deflect the attention from the UK's current terrorist threat.

How is this trolling? Is this not a real news story? Is people trying to blow other people up not something worht discussing?

Quoting the actions of an individual nutter doesnt make the actions of many Madrass students sanctioned & approved by their religious leaders any lesser.

Feel free to point out where I argued that this individuals actions legitimise of lessen the crimes of other terrorists

PS/ just because his license plate says God is pro life...

Where does HE state he acted in the word of the bible?

It says HARRATS on our number plate but I don't act for them :hihi:

Yeah I expect he must have been one of those many athiest anti-choice activists who just happen to have theistic bumper stickers on their car :loopy:

And finding something from The Guardian... Please! :roll::hihi:

So what if it's in the Guardian, what difference does that make to anything? Anyway as you can clearly see it's an Associated Press article which is simply being published by the Guardian, and besides right wing sources like Fox News also have the story.

How is this trolling? Is this not a real news story? Is people trying to blow other people up not something worht discussing?

Apparently not. It's funny how it doesn't attract the same amount of oral foaming that a thread containing the phrase 'muslim terrorist' does. :huh:

Yeah I expect he must have been one of those many athiest anti-choice activists who just happen to have theistic bumper stickers on their car :loopy:

So what if it's in the Guardian, what difference does that make to anything? Anyway as you can clearly see it's an Associated Press article which is simply being published by the Guardian, and besides right wing sources like Fox News also have the story.

So when you say "oh my God" you actually mean it? I think not!

Just because this perosn points out that God is pro-life doesnt mean to say that

a) He is a Christian

b) They claimed the attack was Gods will

c) Anything to do with Christianity at all really

So...your point was?

Talking about christian terrorism, it seems that the crimes against humanity perpetuated by the christians in those days would shock most people. Apparently after one event it took 3 weeks to kill all the prisoners, as there were so many of them.

This is the kind of shameful history which is left out at school and censored from young ears, which the rest of the world and most probably the muslim world will learn as a matter of course.

Western Commontators these days constantly remind us about the Holacaust, pol pot, saddam hussein, milosovic, the chinese regime, but the crusades are never mentioned. More than likely in other parts of the world they mention and are taught about the crusades in the same way.