Northern Rail strikes

On 19/08/2022 at 17:36, Slinny said:

I think the union members. would prefer a national run railway , not all this subcontracting the work out, but we have what we have, and it will take a change off government to do this.Blair should. have done more to reverse this , but he neglected to do so.   I for one  was  subcontract  labour only most off my. working life  in building trade. But only for the builder not. no middle man ,  only a ordinary. man. .who in my way off thinking  we did not need. Private company’s taking over this country ,  

If you are well off or a share holders. Then I can see why you vote for this lot . But why the ordinary people. Working class and so forth, I really think you slipped up badly, strikes  cost off living,, , working man’s pleasure the pubs shutting in their thousands ,  such as Reece mog want it back like the 30s  , so practice doffing your cap ,and calling the boss sir, because that is where we are heading ,  please don’t let that happen ,    If you are 20. 30  40 or 50  you may not  even know what I am talking about ,  

3 minutes ago, Slinny said:

If you are well off or a share holders. Then I can see why you vote for this lot . But why the ordinary people. Working class and so forth, I really think you slipped up badly, strikes  cost off living,, , working man’s pleasure the pubs shutting in their thousands ,  such as Reece mog want it back like the 30s  , so practice doffing your cap ,and calling the boss sir, because that is where we are heading ,  please don’t let that happen ,    If you are 20. 30  40 or 50  you may not  even know what I am talking about ,  

Good post.

We oldies that grew up in the 50's grew up in the most egalitarian of times, with opportunities for all. Those times have disappeared. It breaks my heart to see how far backwards we have gone thanks to Tory machinations. Remember, they'll lie, cheat and steal to remain in power, that's all they care about. They are not on the side of the people. 

Oh look, someone has sounded the "how great the 1950s were" klaxon on Sheffield Forum, yet again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Oh look, someone has sounded the "how great the 1950s were" klaxon on Sheffield Forum, yet again.

I was there did not know anything about politics  to young ,   So don’t give me conservatives. , I know who was in ,  my dad and grandfather said times were good , for a young lad and teenager they were great , but then I left school in 58 and found out what snobs and bully’s could be like, ,oh and posh boys ,  some things have changed for the good , ,  but I don’t think they will change  , at least for the next 18 teen months.  What a mess , we are in ,   Unless you are one off the chosen few . Have a good day ,

On 22/08/2022 at 19:10, Slinny said:

I was there did not know anything about politics  to young ,   So don’t give me conservatives. , I know who was in ,  my dad and grandfather said times were good , for a young lad and teenager they were great , but then I left school in 58 and found out what snobs and bully’s could be like, ,oh and posh boys ,  some things have changed for the good , ,  but I don’t think they will change  , at least for the next 18 teen months.  What a mess , we are in ,   Unless you are one off the chosen few . Have a good day ,

Will our new transport secretary try and ban strikes, 

46 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Will our new transport secretary try and ban strikes, 

Unlikely they have the power, it's usually the home secretary that handles that kind of stuff.

Only the police are banned from outright striking I think, so I doubt railworkers will be banned too.

On 07/09/2022 at 10:52, geared said:

Unlikely they have the power, it's usually the home secretary that handles that kind of stuff.

Only the police are banned from outright striking I think, so I doubt railworkers will be banned too.

Friday will be interesting in the commons, then there will be undercurrents, big bonus to stay , what does that tell you ,  will workers get what they are entitled to, exciting times a head ,  

On 20/09/2022 at 22:41, Slinny said:

Friday will be interesting in the commons, then there will be undercurrents, big bonus to stay , what does that tell you ,  will workers get what they are entitled to, exciting times a head ,  

This woman as many things to sort out, strikes,  teachers look like striking, nurses  look like striking, bus drivers on strike post workers striking ,railway workers striking , The only ones who go any joy were the baristas , the government took care of them , I wonder why ,  Then you have the education minister saying let the nurses pack up if they like , I have around a long time but this is the biggest mess I have ever seen the country in ,

On 15/10/2022 at 17:15, Slinny said:

This woman as many things to sort out, strikes,  teachers look like striking, nurses  look like striking, bus drivers on strike post workers striking ,railway workers striking , The only ones who go any joy were the baristas , the government took care of them , I wonder why ,  Then you have the education minister saying let the nurses pack up if they like , I have around a long time but this is the biggest mess I have ever seen the country in ,

Sorry gone but definitely not forgotten, neither her chancellor