Manor isn't all bad!

y duz everyone think the manor area in sheffield is really bad i have lived on manor all my life n trust me theres lots of other areas that are worse!!:mad:

I had to stay in a hotel just off Manor, and was warned not to leave at any costs. :/

Hi it aint just manor that getting slated so dont worry gleadless valley as had its fair share and got slated over my english. Round here stuff happens just like manor and if not worse but i love it here where i was brought up it like you said it happening all over. I too used txt talk and i got warned of the mods so just warning you:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i live at southey green and i have also lived at shirecliffe and shiregreen all of which i have never had any problems with..when i moved to shiregreen every one was saying that its a rite crap area (near penguin pub!) but i had a lovely house lovely neighbours.. granted every area will have chavs and druggys but they also have ppl that work 40+ hours a week and take pride in their house.. i also know ppl that live in firvale and think that its the bees knees but think that southey is a sh*t hole but until you have been to these areas know one is in a possition to judge..

I had to stay in a hotel just off Manor, and was warned not to leave at any costs. :/

Thats a bit Harsh isnt it? its not bloody Afghanistan!!!

Ive lived on the Manor since i was 3...im 28 in sep...i can Read,Write,i work full time..never been to jail,taken drugs...or mugged anyone..

I look at the manor in two sections...Manor top...and Lower manor...and the Lower part is 100x worse than Manor top...the richmond area is worse now than the Manor has ever been

Someone mentioned the lack of employed people in the area..and yes..there are many...but i was once in the Cavendish with a nurse friend of mine...she was mentioning that she was looking for staff for the place she worked at..and a few people from the manor applied..but she turned them down...i asked why,didnt they have experience? she told me they had years of experience..and would have been great at the job...but still wouldnt hire them..because they lived on the manor...we ended up having a heated discussion lol I thought that was discrimination..she thought otherwise

So,sometimes its easier said than done getting a job...because if you live on the manor..people just assume you are a bad seed..and give feable excuses like..I dont think your right for the job..etc

End of the day,people are still thinking of the past..when it was a hellhole...its no way near as bad as that now...sometimes people dont want to believe any different

ive got a couple of mates that live in the manor and i got in a taxi and when i told him the ad he refused to go saying he didnt want his cab to get bricked!! :loopy:

It's soul was ripped out when most of the works closed down, you only have to look at the amount of chavs wondering about at Manor Top, jobs would solve the problems but this is hardly likely to happen.

Nobody is stopping these people getting jobs are they? Or do they want them to be handed a nice 20k easy life job on a plate? If theres Chavs knocking about, a chav is the product of their upbringing.

I was born and bred on the Manor. I left about 13 years ago, which makes it 30 years of living there. My mother still lives there, as do a lot of my friends. The people creating all the problems, in my opinion, are not the people who were born there. They're the result of the mass destruction of tower blocks. The people on the Manor are good people and a lot of them work damned hard. Unfortunately, and it's true of other areas too, this generation of Chavs we now have make everywhere seem sh-ite. Nuff said!

Did you go to school on the manor?

jus wundrin cuz yr spelin meks ya snd fik

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Compared to my area, the Manor is a dump. Unfotunate for the people living there, but hey ho. Its also comforting to know that Iam considerably, considerably.....richer....than yaw!

It is easy for someone who has never set foot in a district to down it, sure there are worse areas but The Manor does have it's problems. From being a very working class area where folk caught the bus or tram to the east end steel and engineering works it is now an area of mass unemployment.

It's soul was ripped out when most of the works closed down, you only have to look at the amount of chavs wondering about at Manor Top, jobs would solve the problems but this is hardly likely to happen.

No, a nuke would sort it. All those unemployed, down and out -and you can spot them so dont tell me im being harsh- scums are bumwarts to society.

I'd like to send them all off to alcatraz.

Every estate has its good and bad. The bit where I live is great, but 10 mins walk either way and there are parts I wouldn't tolerate