Finally addressing the dangerous cycling problem

If this dangerous cycling law does come in to force, I look forward to the dangerous driving law being properly enforced to help address the road 99.4% of deaths which involve a motor vehicle. Currently too many drivers are prosecuted under the lesser charge of 'careless driving'...even when they kill people.

And parking in cycle lanes inc police and traffic wardens vehicles.

That is rarely true.

If I ring a bell and it isn't acknowledged then I will pass without further ringing. It might give the pedestrian a shock but it avoids them stepping in front of me when they hear the bell at the last minute causing them and me damage.

If you ring a bell and it isn’t acknowledged, I do hope that you give the pedestrian as much room as you would when overtaking a car.

That way, if the pedestrian moves from the line they are walking on, they would still be safe. Any other course of action would be reckless

If you ring a bell and it isn’t acknowledged, I do hope that you give the pedestrian as much room as you would when overtaking a car.

That way, if the pedestrian moves from the line they are walking on, they would still be safe. Any other course of action would be reckless

The only time I have ever had a pedestrian moving off the line they were on was when I rang my bell too late.

I'm not saying that it can never happen but it is much more likely if they are startled.

• 2 weeks later...