Freemasons..harmless eccentrics or tools of the Devil?

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It is also still an influential and highly secret society. It is damaging and has no place in 21st century Britain.

No it is not. You can visit lodges including Grand lodge in London. Most do not hide the fact that they are a masons. Jack Straw created a register of certain professions requiring masons to register then realised there was no point in having it as there wasn't actaully a problem.

It is all in the mind of those who think that they know about something quite simple and do cannot even be bothered to wonder why masons are obliged to follow the law of the land before any masonic considerations.

4 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Lol, did they all run away to join the Buffaloes?

Quite possibly, masons are not required to be masons forever. It is a free society that we live in and masons are part of that society.

1 minute ago, Sammax said:

Are you aware that there are women masons? That transgender people are accepted and treated as equals. I supsect not.

As for any ritual, why does it concern you if it doesn't affect you?  Most of masonry is allegorical. It is certainly all harmless. Plus it donates large sums of money to charity. What is there not to like?

You are certainly very keen to

push the harmless angle and the charitable giving bit.

Any normal society would have clear rules for joining. Any equal opportunity society wouldn’t sideline women into a small number of organisations. 

More than anything, any normal organisation wouldn’t be some simultaneously secret and open. You lot must think that the rest of us are stupid if you think that a few open days prove that you aren’t secretive, or manipulative.

5 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Lol, did they all run away to join the Buffaloes?

That is a lovely building. Nothing sinster there!

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

You are certainly very keen to

push the harmless angle and the charitable giving bit.

Any normal society would have clear rules for joining. Any equal opportunity society wouldn’t sideline women into a small number of organisations. 

More than anything, any normal organisation wouldn’t be some simultaneously secret and open. You lot must think that the rest of us are stupid if you think that a few open days prove that you aren’t secretive, or manipulative.

Tom, you are openminded it is a pleasure to chat with you. The fact you haven't done your research is bad though. Look up how much masons gave to outside people in the area that you live in.

Believe me, if it were not harmless or was a secretive and furtive as you would like to believe it then most people I know wouldn't think about being a member.

Have a read up and see what London is encouraging. There is nothing to fear.

3 minutes ago, Sammax said:

That is a lovely building. Nothing sinster there!

Tom, you are openminded it is a pleasure to chat with you. The fact you haven't done your research is bad though. Look up how much masons gave to outside people in the area that you live in.

Believe me, if it were not harmless or was a secretive and furtive as you would like to believe it then most people I know wouldn't think about being a member.

Have a read up and see what London is encouraging. There is nothing to fear.

Sam.

I have relatives who were masons. Friends who are. You really can’t fool me into thinking that it is a benign organisation 

It is a revolting organisation which has no part to play in a modern, enlightened society.

Leave. Go and volunteer at a food bank instead. At least then, you will see the benefit of your undoubted charitable nature 

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Sam.

I have relatives who were masons. Friends who are. You really can’t fool me into thinking that it is a benign organisation 

It is a revolting organisation which has no part to play in a modern, enlightened society.

Leave. Go and volunteer at a food bank instead. At least then, you will see the benefit of your undoubted charitable nature 

We do such community activities already. I have no doubt of it being benign. You, however, are guessing.

Just now, Sammax said:

Now you are just living up to your name.

I’ve no idea what you mean.

Maybe you could explain that.

Whilst you are  in explaining mode, perhaps you could explain why we should all be glad that you treat women and transgender people as equals.

Actually,  just deal with the second point. I’m all  ears.

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’ve no idea what you mean.

Maybe you could explain that.

Whilst you are  in explaining mode, perhaps you could explain why we should all be glad that you treat women and transgender people as equals.

Actually,  just deal with the second point. I’m all  ears.

Well you haver implied masons are odd,  defensive, influential, highly secret, damaging, without clear rules for joining, not equal opportunity, think you are  stupid, secretive, or manipulative, revolting and malevolent.

Not a bad group of abusive words for somebody that clearly has never wandered across the road to go to an open day. I suspect that you have more of an agenda as I have been quite open here and pointed you to areas you could read about or visit to get better knowledge than you are displaying with the abusive terms you throw out based on your limited and poor understanding of freemasonry. Your words cannot be justified.

You asked me why I was here. I came to see the outcome of the trial involving Duckenfield online and came across this site as many other people have done. I was curious to see the ignorance displayed by some posters and was passing some information.  That is how these forums work.