Freemasons..harmless eccentrics or tools of the Devil?

JFK wasn't a fan.

JFK was talking - at the height of the Cold War - about Russian Communism, not Freemasons.

The full text of the speech can be found here;

https://pastebin.com/f65d4172a

You'll note the youtube recording conveniently misses out the early part of the speech about Marx.

I was a YMCA member in the 60’s when it was situated on the corner of Fargate and Norfolk Row. It was a great place, good coffee bar, football team, ladies membership, snooker room etc. The membership came from all areas of Sheffield, however I later discovered that many of the S10/S11 residents went on to become Freemasons, I don’t know any of the none South West members who were invited to apply for membership, I have often wondered if the membership criteria is based on where you are brought up. I have lived in South West Sheffield since 1976, have done a lot better than some of the guys who I know to be Freemasons, but have never had an invite to join, albeit I would refuse on the basis that secret societies don’t interest me.

The thing is, you need to make a case that any of this matters at all. You've not done that. nobody cares

Well they should.

Nobody cares until it affects them directly, and when Masonry is allowed to seep into public life and do things like skew justice and affect decisions then it is affecting everyone.

Mort posted in the enquiry thread to point out this one, so I'm guessing it is actually allowed... Until someone slanders them at least...

Why would you even consider slandering something you know nothing about.

Very simply, call into the Lodge on Shore Lane and ASK.

Things that are 'hidden' as you call it, are the rituals, which are archaic and daft..IMO

They are basically very good men and women who do work tirelessly for the community and charities.

Though I have no doubt at all that there may be some who are only in it for what they can get for themselves. Just like a cross section of any society?

Generally, it is OK by me if they want to play Secret Society Boys Club....

You can join if you have a mind to... all you need is to know someone who is already a member... and they recommend you...

Many of my family are members and there is nothing Satanic about them.. They are just really good guys...

The OWL is the symbol of the Skull and Crossbones Club... a completely different entity to the Masons... more like the Bullingdon Club a group of privileged, self important silver spoons.

---------- Post added 10-05-2018 at 15:14 ----------

Well they should.

Nobody cares until it affects them directly, and when Masonry is allowed to seep into public life and do things like skew justice and affect decisions then it is affecting everyone.

I think it might be the case that some judges are also masons, and more often than not, senior police officers are?

Can you give me an example where masons have skewed justice please.

Edited by catpus
edit

Edited by Yeah but

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 21:53, Obelix said:

I've heard in involves rituals called "cooking" with things called "jam tarts".

Scarey indeed!

In all seriousness, you think that the purpose of Freemasonry is for friendly people to gather together and do normal everyday things? ask yourself, why do you need to be a Freemason to do any of the things they point to that they do?

Edited by Yeah but

On 14/04/2019 at 17:50, Yeah but said:

In all seriousness, you think that the purpose of Freemasonry is for friendly people to gather together and do normal everyday things? ask yourself, why do you need to be a Freemason to do any of the things they point to that they do?

On 10/05/2018 at 13:47, Anna B said:

Well they should.

There are several misconceptions regarding Freemasonary being played out here. I hope the following will make for better understanding of what masonry is about.

The Grand Master is not the senior person in a lodge but of the whole of the United Grand Lodge of England, currently the Duke of Kent.

A Master Mason is one of the majority of masons.

A Master Mason is elected to be a lodge master and he is that year's Worshipful Master.

Secrecy became 'normal' as Hitler had between 80,000 and 200,000 Freemasons were killed.

United Grand Lodge of England began to change the way it dealt with the general public and the media from the mid-1990s, emphasizing a new "openness."  This presentation was summed as, "we're not a secret society or a society with secrets, but we are a private society."  Lodges across England and Wales began holding open days, to allow the general public to see what they do.

Freemasons undertake to obey the laws of the land in which they reside.

Freemasonry was 'regulated' by Jack Straw of Labour. However he found that the 'review of the policy operating since 1998 has shown no evidence of impropriety or malpractice within the judiciary as a result of a judge being a freemason and in my judgment, therefore, it would be disproportionate to continue the collection or retention of this information. ' The same applied to the police as decided by Sadiq Khan in 2016.

No evidence of collusion by Freemasons has been established following Hilsborough.

Freemasonry donates huge sums of money to many charities.

Minority groups are well represented.

Despite regular assertion that masonry shows preferment the accusers have nothing but innuendo.

If the decriers did a little research online they would find the above to be true.

7 hours ago, Sammax said:

There are several misconceptions regarding Freemasonary being played out here. I hope the following will make for better understanding of what masonry is about.

The Grand Master is not the senior person in a lodge but of the whole of the United Grand Lodge of England, currently the Duke of Kent.

A Master Mason is one of the majority of masons.

A Master Mason is elected to be a lodge master and he is that year's Worshipful Master.

Secrecy became 'normal' as Hitler had between 80,000 and 200,000 Freemasons were killed.

United Grand Lodge of England began to change the way it dealt with the general public and the media from the mid-1990s, emphasizing a new "openness."  This presentation was summed as, "we're not a secret society or a society with secrets, but we are a private society."  Lodges across England and Wales began holding open days, to allow the general public to see what they do.

Freemasons undertake to obey the laws of the land in which they reside.

Freemasonry was 'regulated' by Jack Straw of Labour. However he found that the 'review of the policy operating since 1998 has shown no evidence of impropriety or malpractice within the judiciary as a result of a judge being a freemason and in my judgment, therefore, it would be disproportionate to continue the collection or retention of this information. ' The same applied to the police as decided by Sadiq Khan in 2016.

No evidence of collusion by Freemasons has been established following Hilsborough.

Freemasonry donates huge sums of money to many charities.

Minority groups are well represented.

Despite regular assertion that masonry shows preferment the accusers have nothing but innuendo.

If the decriers did a little research online they would find the above to be true.

Hi Sammax.

Thanks for your informative post about the open and unsinister Freemasons.

Could I trouble you with just one more question. How do I join this honourable organisation?

4 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Hi Sammax.

Thanks for your informative post about the open and unsinister Freemasons.

Could I trouble you with just one more question. How do I join this honourable organisation?

Hi Pettytom,

In the past you were approached by a mason who thought you were an honest and upright person who might enjoy being a member. UGLE has recognised that some interested people are not approached so each Province (roughly aligned with traditional counties) hold open days so that people can visit and see the inside of the building, talk to masons and have their questions answered. They can then apply to become a member direct and are no less a member than those who come via an existing mason recommending them to a lodge.

The whole thing has to be fun and masons try to make that so. Masonry is not insular but supports many community projects.

Can I ask which county or town you live in? I can then tell you your nearest link.

13 minutes ago, Sammax said:

Hi Pettytom,

In the past you were approached by a mason who thought you were an honest and upright person who might enjoy being a member. UGLE has recognised that some interested people are not approached so each Province (roughly aligned with traditional counties) hold open days so that people can visit and see the inside of the building, talk to masons and have their questions answered. They can then apply to become a member direct and are no less a member than those who come via an existing mason recommending them to a lodge.

The whole thing has to be fun and masons try to make that so. Masonry is not insular but supports many community projects.

Can I ask which county or town you live in? I can then tell you your nearest link.

I have a Masonic hall visible from my living room. 😀 So directions  won’t be needed. Thanks for the offer though.

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I have a Masonic hall visible from my living room. 😀 So directions  won’t be needed. Thanks for the offer though.

Go and chat to them. You will find them all quite normal.

Masonry prevents the progression of women, ethnic and sexual minorities in the societies in which they clandestinely operate.

Masonry is a shadowy elite that uses satanic symbolism and sinister rituals.