** stolen - carrera vulcan e-bike **

Hi all, i know this is a very, very long shot but thought i'd try.

My beloved Carrera Vulcan Electric Mountain Bike was stolen by a little scum bag yeserday, that being Monday the 22nd of January.

Picture of the same bike her:-

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/carrera-vulcan-electric-mountain-bike-16-18-20-22-frames?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Bikes-_-Electric+Bikes-_-288636&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=xprqtppait&istBid=tzpr&_$ja=tsid:94971|cid:905131600|agid:44817034933|tid:pla-351463871193|crid:213947972399|nw:g|rnd:977334834304874246|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:1006614&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItemr3tbu2AIVzbDtCh3RzwSBEAQYASABEgJKJfD_BwE

Luckily i didn't leave the computer display on it so they can't power the thing up, rather hard to pedal without the motor enabled.

It was stolen from work (Roman Ridge Road, Wincobank ), it was locked up outside our offices and got the little scroat on cctv, i have informed the police, yesterday and today and still nothing done by the police, that's why i'm posting here in the hope somebody out there knows anything about it.

The kid looked about 14 - 15 Years old to me, wearing a camo jacket, black jeans and white or grey trainers, also had a black cap on.

The bike also had a unique rear light on it built by myself, it has red led lights in the middle with two clear tubes at either side with orange led's for indicators, controlled by switches on the left side of the handle bars, also a little white box on the cross bar that contained the electronics for it, wrapped in a little plastic white bag to protect it from rain.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if anybody has seen, heard or even knows anything about it, please contact me here or on my mobile: 07514-311501.

Praying somebody has seen it, it cost a lot of money and took me months to save up for it.

Kind Regards,

Mark Dennison

Edited by marky26_uk
Picture added

No, it's grey with orange bits, please see link to pic in my post.

Thanks for replying appreciated.

Mark

Vile thieving scum. I hope you get it back, best of luck

hmmm....no key or charger...not far away:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carrera-Vulcan-Electric-Mountain-Bike-No-key-or-charger-Frame-Size-47cm/263265474104?hash=item3d4bd85638:g:W94AAOSwK~JZ5IuV

And the number of drills that guy is selling are way too many for someone to buy and then want to get rid of all at once as 'it's my second one'. The company that the account selling as, is also listed as dormant on companies house - and is a bar/entertainment company. :suspect:

Edited by biotechpete

Can I ask what type of lock you used on your bike, and how they defeated it - bolt cutters, angle grinder etc?

I have an expensive electric bike and its always a concern if left locked anywhere. Infact I try never to do so, but I do use an Abus folding lock when its left at work.

biotechpete, yes I saw that myself after searching, sounds very dodgy doesn't it, I don't think it's mine though as that was posted October 2017, unless there's a way of manipulating post dates on ebay but I don't know, that does sound dodgy though.

Thanks for having a search though I really do appreciate it.

Regards,

Mark

---------- Post added 24-01-2018 at 13:20 ----------

WarPig, the lock I had was a bike hut d lock from Halfords, but that wasn't cut through I used a cable to loop through the bike and through the d lock, it was the cable that was cut through.

Well in the future I think maybe the d lock but with a thick chain also this time, if there is a next time.

Regards,

Mark

---------- Post added 24-01-2018 at 13:26 ----------

Just like to add still nothing from the police, this is as good as gone now, I was on hold for half an hour yesterday trying to speak to the police.

I cannot believe how bad it is now when you have something stolen and the police don't do anything, I've had a few people telling me the same with stuff they've had pinched in the thousand of pounds and police have done nothing.

I'm afraid the time is now to be a thieving criminal scumbag, because the police won't come for you, they can do whatever they want now knowing they'll be free to put peoples lives in misery, all your hard work saving for the things you want, can now be taken away with no justice to the thieves, sorry guys rant over lol but it's so not right.

Kind Regards,

Mark Dennison

Just like to add still nothing from the police, this is as good as gone now, I was on hold for half an hour yesterday trying to speak to the police.

I cannot believe how bad it is now when you have something stolen and the police don't do anything

I think the problem here is that your report will be registered with the police and then handed to a cop to investigate, but I think it gets handed to a regular beat cop who will already be struggling to cope with all the 'live' incidents they have to attend and deal with, as well as loads of other incidents such as yours that get given to them to investigate as well. I guess they are struggling to cope and are having to play catch up. But that doesn't help you.

hmmm....no key or charger...not far away:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carrera-Vulcan-Electric-Mountain-Bike-No-key-or-charger-Frame-Size-47cm/263265474104?hash=item3d4bd85638:g:W94AAOSwK~JZ5IuV

And the number of drills that guy is selling are way too many for someone to buy and then want to get rid of all at once as 'it's my second one'. The company that the account selling as, is also listed as dormant on companies house - and is a bar/entertainment company. :suspect:

Wasn't that put up for sale on the 16th Oct though?

Wasn't that put up for sale on the 16th Oct though?

D'you think so?

.......... I don't think it's mine though as that was posted October 2017, ..................