Tracing the Jubb family

Hi Sylvey there was a family butcher named Jubb 70years ago he had some family they were on Petre st Pitsmoor,if you could get one of forum to look them up in the census it would be a good starting point Best of luck. l would say Mr Jubb would have been born around 1900 Arfer Mo.

Edited by Arfer Mo
forgot the age

I'm a Jubb. My ancestors come from Lincolnshire but I think I have a Sheffield connection in the early 18th century.

There is an interesting article on the Sheffield Hallam University website about the Sheffield flood. Many Jubbs are listed as making claims.

(Can't post the link since I'm a new user here)

Chris

think that was ted jubb , edwina and julie jubbs dad ,

theres also another jubb family on jordanthorpe.

That's the ones I was thinking of, Edwina and Julie, I remember now, they were a bit older than me, Edwina went to Gleadless Valley School, I remember her sat upstairs on the bus going home as 4 o'clock, smoking :o:hihi:

That's the ones I was thinking of, Edwina and Julie, I remember now, they were a bit older than me, Edwina went to Gleadless Valley School, I remember her sat upstairs on the bus going home as 4 o'clock, smoking :o:hihi:

Julie was once married to charlie lindley, I knew her dad ted well.

The ones on Jordanthore live on lingfoot, patricia jubb went to school with me her dad was called Brian.

Edited by alex3659

Hi Sylvia, I'm Allan Jubb, the youngest of 8, 2 brothers John lives in Dinnington & Harry lives in Handsworth, 5 Sisters Jackie lives in Dore, Janice lives in Fulwood, Gwen lives in the US, Jeanie lives in Wombwell and Janet not sure of the area but is still in Sheffield. All brought up on Parsons Cross in the 60s, Dad was Harry died in 1982, Mum was Ethel died last September RIP. I now live in Rotherham next to some Jubbs who are not related as for as I know! If you need any more information please contact me, Good Luck

• 2 months later...