Where can I buy a tree?

Try the DIY stores or garden centres. Failing that the council have a FREE tree planting thing going off for your front garden. They will visit and decide what tree, shrub or plant would be most suitable.

There is a great tree garden centre in coal aston near Dronfield, they have a large range of trees, If you are coming down the bypass towards meadowhead, take 1st left of the last roundabout before meadowhead and you go down the back of Jordanthorpe. Get the the next Island turn left towards Coal Aston and it is just off that roundabout. Great selection of trees. If you dont want to go that far, Godley Gardens at Dore do trees also

There is a great tree garden centre in coal aston near Dronfield, they have a large range of trees, If you are coming down the bypass towards meadowhead, take 1st left of the last roundabout before meadowhead and you go down the back of Jordanthorpe. Get the the next Island turn left towards Coal Aston and it is just off that roundabout. Great selection of trees.

I'd second that - best garden centre for miles.

Sounds like there might be an opportunity for someone to start a "trees 'r' us".

The posts by Marinedrift and Longcol refer to the New Leaf garden centre, Definitely better than the other two big ones in the area - Ferndale and Wards.

However, depending on what tree you want you may need to check out all 3.

Just as a related gardening comment. Went to Pearsons nurseries at Dronfield Woodhouse (off the Holmesfield road). Large quantities of bedding plants at very competitive prices.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells conifers quite cheap, only im wanting about twenty to make a kind of hedge.

It depends upon how tall you want them to start with.

Most tree nurseries will sell 60 to 80cm stock for around 80p (plus delivery).

I have a wonderful 90 year old Oak Tree in my back garden.

You are certainly welcome to come along and uproot it, although the cost of a helicopter to shift it may far outweight the benefits.

Local press coverage may soak up some of the cost, if you were to charge them for an exclusive.

Archived