Ex Chaucer School pupils

from David Chapman......I left Chaucer in April 68 my last yr of metal was done at Granville College and I sat the f.e.e.exams ,this pass allowed me to skip the first yr of college and I think secured me my apprenticeship at Bassetts liquorice allsorts along with a guy called ....Steve Searle ....,he lived on Wordsworth Ave.Anyway someone mentioned a mr Knight (tech draw) if he had white hair and smelled continually of after shave then here,s story. One day whist stood outside his woodwork shop he clipped me for fooling around,when I told my dad he went up to knight and bopped him.

Where are all the people from my yr ? are we so old that we dont remember back that far.One day I am going to scan a photograph of myself with the hope that someone out there regognises me .

Hiya

I was at Chaucer between 1971 and 1975. I remember everybody being petrified of Mr. Fleming, he rode a moped with an fruit box strapped to the back for his luggage. The much mentioned Mr. Wells I remember but he never taught me and can't remember him being nasty.

After racking my brains I've come up with these teachers from my time. Miss Hollins (Science) my form teacher for the first two years and very nice. Mr. Wallace (metalwork), Mr. Knight (Technical Drawing), Mr. Wragg (Head of Lower School), Miss Marsh (English), Miss Mountjoy (Religious Education), Mr. Wallace (metalwork), Mr Proctor, Mr Swithinbank (both Woodwork), Mr Andrews (History), Mrs Andrews (geography), Mr. Anderson (Chemistry), Mr Ransom and also big chiefs Metcalf, Newham and Dower. Other form teachers I had in the upper school were Mr. Cornthwaite and Mr. Thompson (history).

Crikey that brings back memories.

you were the year above me,i remember most of the teachers you mention,particularly andrews,a big fat bully with a hell of a droney voice,and old edgar wallace,the tech drawing fella,i mostly remember old"billy"bassam,famed for his chalk eating antics,i also remember mr outram,miss scarr,mr & mrs howland,mr davidson,who emigrated to australia and mr farms,last,but not least,mr marsden ,who died aged 51 a few years ago.

I remember Miss Burlton, French, Mr. Eden, French, Mr Davison, Maths, Minnie - can't remember her proper name, History, Mrs Thompson and Mrs Clegg, English, Mr. Bainbridge, French, Mr. Barnby, Economics, Tom Owen, English, Mr Andrews, History, Mr Fleming of course, Mr Plant, Mr Humpstone aka Batman and a blackboard rubber throwing sewing teacher and a domestic science teacher with no eyebrows due to an unfortunate incident with a gas oven.

Remember the school disco's at chaucer, trying to smuggle beer in. Used to go behind the Fine Fare and sup like mad before going in. Bloody teacher's on guard we're alert to this though and got refused entry. Silly me, hey I was young and daft then.

Now i'm old and daft, nothing changes.

does anyone remember christopher parker he was in the cold stream band

does anyone remember christopher parker he was in the cold stream band

tall blonde kid,lived on southey hall road???

ref the school disco I think the first was held around 67, the band was (i think ) frankenstien and the monsters the lead being a massive guy whom went on to be a DJ at radio hallam,did anyone go on the outward bound courses at castleton ?

DAVID CHAPMAN 62-68

tall blonde kid,lived on southey hall road???

Yes trying to contact him a relative of mine does his family still live there, any of his friends I could contact please.

Yes trying to contact him a relative of mine does his family still live there, any of his friends I could contact please.

i really dont know mate,i left there over 10 years ago,chris is a a lot younger than me,but i will ask fat mick,or gaynor hedley,they lived not far from him,they may still see his sisters. i will do what i can for you,but can,t promise owt.

ref the school disco I think the first was held around 67, the band was (i think ) frankenstien and the monsters the lead being a massive guy whom went on to be a DJ at radio hallam,did anyone go on the outward bound courses at castleton ?

DAVID CHAPMAN 62-68

the dj was ray stuart,great hulk of a man,who sadly,died quite young.

I went to Chaucer 1995 - 2000 was in mr Bainbridges class. Anyone go same time?

I went to Chaucer 1995 - 2000 was in mr Bainbridges class. Anyone go same time?

I was there 93 - 98 but I remember him. Taught French & German, used to scare the life out of me.