Ex Chaucer School pupils

hi im gemma baines i went to chaucer school ive bin left now for 4 years this year does anybody know me

why? have you forgot yourself?

hi im gemma baines i went to chaucer school ive bin left now for 4 years this year does anybody know me

no but you didnt have ross crowe for english

Anyone go to Chaucer School... I was in Mrs.Broadhurst's class some of the other people in my form were Adam Hawley,Scott Bufton,Rachel Harris,Leanna Schofield,Chris Hunter,Kelly Commander,Erica Sheldon,Richard Steadman,Claire Goodwin,Melanie Winn,Neil Piddington,Philip Atkin,Adrian Grubb,Haydn Bedford,James Gillespie,Adele Plumtree,Nicola merton,Carol topliss,Vicky Jennings,Margaret Gray................other people in my year include Peter Sarson,Johnathan Spears,Laura Haigh,Dale Lewis,Dale Jones,Claire Dalton,Amanda Slingsby,Amanda Baratt,Anna Naylor,Christie Wall,Sean Brooks,Peter Cassidy,Maria Brady,Sarah Russel,Keeley Matthews,Helen Roberts,Collette Rodgers,Louise St.clair,Kevin Percivil,Robert Harris,Matthew Addison,Mark Bailey,Ashley Carver,Paul Stratford,Lynn Pashly,Sally Wood,Andrew Gains,Chris Kelly,Robert King,Lee Clarke,David Duffy,.....................and the teachers.......... Mr.Crow(head of halifax/),Mr.Fields (head of wordsworth),Mrs.Broadhurst(home economics/avon lady),Mrs.Harvey(science),Mr.Leighton(p.e),Miss.Price(R.e/check on absentees),Mr.Glover(Geography/),Mr.Fogg(Geography/),Mrs.Peters(art),Mrs.Sellars(drama/),Mrs.Bickerstaff(P.e),Mrs.Birch(P.e/head of year/),Mr.Crane(maths),Mrs.Johns(IT),Mr.Palmer(Dr.who/science),Mr.Richardson(P.e),Mrs.Marsden(maths),Mr.Boreham.oh, and who can forget the lovely Mr.Well's !!

sorry if spellings not too good or I've missed your name out/got it wrong!!

I was around then I was in Mrs Desforge class & the Teachers I can remember were Mr Paige(IT), Mr Ward the same subject, there was a business studies teacher called Sid something along with Miss Hastings with the long legs & Miss Dodds a maths teacher who wasn't very good, also Mr Wilshaw and big bird Mrs Furnace.

Miss Dodds was my form teacher the first year I went to chaucer. Does anyone remember Mr Hawksworth, the CDT teacher who everyone fancied?

I remember Mr Hawksworth too. there was also another CDT Teacher I can't remember his name but he use to get you to draw a straight line without a ruler, impossible at least for me.

Hello My Name Is David Chapman I Was At Chaucer 62 Thro 68 My Mates Were

Dud (dave Woods) Crab(alan Delamore) Seggie(alan Sedgewick) Scafie(jimmy Scaife) And Many More.strange How Only The Nicknames Have Remained.does Anyone Remember The Day We Went To See Bernard Manning In Manchester?ps I Had A Crush On Bev(the Only Afro Anglo Girl At The School At The Time)i Also Used To Frequent The Ark In Crooksmoor.

I was there from1966 to 1973 and remember the panoramic photo, navy blue knickers, the banning of patent leather shoes cos boys could see your (navy blue) knickers in them, the change to a self serve canteen, Mr. Humpstone aka Batman, many school plays but oh what a lovely war in particular, the sixth form, Pam Green going to Oxford and many many more very happy memories.

Does anyone remember calling the dinner ladies "Yetis"? For some reason my class and a few others did that.

from David Chapman,I dont remember any of the names already mentioned .perhaps I am getting old.School at that the time i was there was,nt that bad.I certainly dont have any bad memories.Only 4/5 yrs ago myself and John Crutchley (of Bickerton Autos)turned up at the gates in Halifax Rd hoping for a reunion but alas it was called off thro lack of interest.As I write I seem to remember a teacher(maths ,tech drawing) called Fleming, did he ride a moped ?and what was the name of the short fat Headmaster prone to handing out the slipper and the cane.?

Hiya

I was at Chaucer between 1971 and 1975. I remember everybody being petrified of Mr. Fleming, he rode a moped with an fruit box strapped to the back for his luggage. The much mentioned Mr. Wells I remember but he never taught me and can't remember him being nasty.

After racking my brains I've come up with these teachers from my time. Miss Hollins (Science) my form teacher for the first two years and very nice. Mr. Wallace (metalwork), Mr. Knight (Technical Drawing), Mr. Wragg (Head of Lower School), Miss Marsh (English), Miss Mountjoy (Religious Education), Mr. Wallace (metalwork), Mr Proctor, Mr Swithinbank (both Woodwork), Mr Andrews (History), Mrs Andrews (geography), Mr. Anderson (Chemistry), Mr Ransom and also big chiefs Metcalf, Newham and Dower. Other form teachers I had in the upper school were Mr. Cornthwaite and Mr. Thompson (history).

Crikey that brings back memories.