Ex Chaucer School pupils

Anyone go to Chaucer School... I was in Mrs.Broadhurst's class some of the other people in my form were Adam Hawley,Scott Bufton,Rachel Harris,Leanna Schofield,Chris Hunter,Kelly Commander,Erica Sheldon,Richard Steadman,Claire Goodwin,Melanie Winn,Neil Piddington,Philip Atkin,Adrian Grubb,Haydn Bedford,James Gillespie,Adele Plumtree,Nicola merton,Carol topliss,Vicky Jennings,Margaret Gray................other people in my year include Peter Sarson,Johnathan Spears,Laura Haigh,Dale Lewis,Dale Jones,Claire Dalton,Amanda Slingsby,Amanda Baratt,Anna Naylor,Christie Wall,Sean Brooks,Peter Cassidy,Maria Brady,Sarah Russel,Keeley Matthews,Helen Roberts,Collette Rodgers,Louise St.clair,Kevin Percivil,Robert Harris,Matthew Addison,Mark Bailey,Ashley Carver,Paul Stratford,Lynn Pashly,Sally Wood,Andrew Gains,Chris Kelly,Robert King,Lee Clarke,David Duffy,.....................and the teachers.......... Mr.Crow(head of halifax/),Mr.Fields (head of wordsworth),Mrs.Broadhurst(home economics/avon lady),Mrs.Harvey(science),Mr.Leighton(p.e),Miss.Price(R.e/check on absentees),Mr.Glover(Geography/),Mr.Fogg(Geography/),Mrs.Peters(art),Mrs.Sellars(drama/),Mrs.Bickerstaff(P.e),Mrs.Birch(P.e/head of year/),Mr.Crane(maths),Mrs.Johns(IT),Mr.Palmer(Dr.who/science),Mr.Richardson(P.e),Mrs.Marsden(maths),Mr.Boreham.oh, and who can forget the lovely Mr.Well's !!

sorry if spellings not too good or I've missed your name out/got it wrong!!

hey I think I was in the year above you in ann sellars form..

did anyone go to chaucer. i was there from 1963-1967. in the fourth year i was in mr dowsons class. mr newham was deputy head and mr darville was head teacher. mr collinson was the library teacher does that jog anybodys memory.

I went to chaucer about the same time was only there for about one year though,I must haved lived my life in a blur can't remember any of those staff the only teacher that sticks in my mind was miss vernon she was the drama teacher thats as much as I can remember,also I had two friends marie marsden and denise bishop often wondered what happened to them,

i remember denise bishop and marie marsden very well. they were in the same class as me. were you in the same class as well. surely you must remember mr flemming the english and maths teacher.

my name was walker at the time

I was there from '63 to '68. I remember Denise Bishop and Marie Marsden too!

Mr Fleming was the looney who used to put his hand through blackboards and doors and came to school on a honda 50. Then there was Mr Cornthwaite, Mr Eadon, Mr Allsop, Mr Wright, Mr Littlewood.......it's all flooding back now!

Have some great memories of Chaucer though but it seems to have taken a bit of a dive in recent years.

hi i went to chaucer. My name is vanessa. i was in mr hawksworths form. it is really wierd because mr field, mr crowe, mrs sellars, mrs bickerstaffe, mr wells, mr fogg and mr craine are all still there.

hiya my nephew is on your list of names, ashley carver.

does any of you remember mr crowe

Originally posted by jan2002

does any of you remember mr crowe

Yep! ;-)

Originally posted by katrina

i remember denise bishop and marie marsden very well. they were in the same class as me. were you in the same class as well. surely you must remember mr flemming the english and maths teacher.

my name was walker at the time

I went to chaucer for one year denise and marie were my two best friends my name was margaret gold,sorry I don't remember anything else about going to chaucer,like I said I must have been living in complete blur,do you remember any one called janet burns,sure she lived on parsons cross

talking about mr flemming. the teacher with the dummy hand. well i was caned for sloping my writing the wrong way, in other words it should have been italic style, the marks were still on my hand a week later and another girl on the same day was caned for not using blotting paper to avoid fingerprints. what a nice man he was. if anyone forgot thier pen we had to somehow get him on the subject of gardening. as we all know how he loved his gardening. that was his weakness you see.