Ex Chaucer School pupils

I was there 1985 - 1989 - Mrs Price was my form tutor and boy, you knew about it if you didnt bring a sick note, late note or a dentist card in if you had time off.

I remember Mr Wells (VERY SCAREY) and Mr Seal (fantastic), Mrs Holmes (too soft), Mr Palmer (Scarey), Mrs Birch (cool-ish), Mr Blackwell (Great), Mr Crowe (the best by far), Mr Hawksworth (delicious), Mr Leighton (somat about him) - god there were loads of em. And most of em taught really well but I expect its alot harder these days with the amount of "unruly children/lack of disciplicine!!!!!!!

When my family used to say "school is the best day of your life" - they were very true words.

:clap::wink:

did you leave chaucer in 1986 if so you will be coming up to the big 40 very soon !! me gaz corf and bram have sorted a reunion for our year for the 16th october

contact me for more details!

no responses to this thread yet just a reminder the reunion is happening on the 16th oct!!!:)

I went to Chaucer school and I left the school in 1999 and I do remeber Mr Crow, Mrs Sellers,Mr Wells, Mr Bell

also did anyone know a girl called rosalind dickenson she had a brother named dwaye ?

Hi, I remember Rosalind she was in my year i think. Not seen her since we left school though.

Anyone go to Chaucer School... I was in Mrs.Broadhurst's class some of the other people in my form were Adam Hawley,Scott Bufton,Rachel Harris,Leanna Schofield,Chris Hunter,Kelly Commander,Erica Sheldon,Richard Steadman,Claire Goodwin,Melanie Winn,Neil Piddington,Philip Atkin,Adrian Grubb,Haydn Bedford,James Gillespie,Adele Plumtree,Nicola merton,Carol topliss,Vicky Jennings,Margaret Gray................other people in my year include Peter Sarson,Johnathan Spears,Laura Haigh,Dale Lewis,Dale Jones,Claire Dalton,Amanda Slingsby,Amanda Baratt,Anna Naylor,Christie Wall,Sean Brooks,Peter Cassidy,Maria Brady,Sarah Russel,Keeley Matthews,Helen Roberts,Collette Rodgers,Louise St.clair,Kevin Percivil,Robert Harris,Matthew Addison,Mark Bailey,Ashley Carver,Paul Stratford,Lynn Pashly,Sally Wood,Andrew Gains,Chris Kelly,Robert King,Lee Clarke,David Duffy,.....................and the teachers.......... Mr.Crow(head of halifax/),Mr.Fields (head of wordsworth),Mrs.Broadhurst(home economics/avon lady),Mrs.Harvey(science),Mr.Leighton(p.e),Miss.Price(R.e/check on absentees),Mr.Glover(Geography/),Mr.Fogg(Geography/),Mrs.Peters(art),Mrs.Sellars(drama/),Mrs.Bickerstaff(P.e),Mrs.Birch(P.e/head of year/),Mr.Crane(maths),Mrs.Johns(IT),Mr.Palmer(Dr.who/science),Mr.Richardson(P.e),Mrs.Marsden(maths),Mr.Boreham.oh, and who can forget the lovely Mr.Well's !!

sorry if spellings not too good or I've missed your name out/got it wrong!!

I can remember Mr Wells being the only teacher anyone was intimidated by (is he the one who used to spit in your face as he yelled at you or was it someone else?)

Mr Glover was quite quiet, Mrs Bickerstaff was like Mrs Trunchbull from Matilda, Mrs Sellers was really lovely and lost in fairy land... also remember Mr Crowe, Mr Crane (I can still remember the gay rumours, kids can be so horrid), Mr Fields, Miss Simister (best P.E teacher ever), Mr Raine and his ridiculous stick he'd whack on the table about an inch from you fingers...

Just read back through all the posts - how bloody long has Mr Wells been at Chaucer? I was there about 7 years ago but there's posts on here saying he was there in the 70's?? He must really love tormenting children.

Does anyone who remembers Miss Leatherbarrow think she looks just like the redheaded original member of Sugababes??

Does anyone remember a teacher at Chaucer. She was called Marjorie ?? She fixed me up with a date with one of her "girls" called Jackie who lived on Vere Road in the 60's

ONE OF THE ORIGINALS.

I was moved to Chaucer School when it opened after Easter 1958 and went into Miss Harts class along with Jack Selwood, Peter Woodcock, Brian Patchett, Frank Weldon, Keith Hackett (I wonder what happend to him?) Margaret Shaw, Ann Self, Dianne Tomlinson,Beryl Ransom, Anita Spencer, Beryl Savage, Joan Mellor and Christine Fowler, plus some more.

After the Summer Holiday I moved up to Mr. Newham's class along with most of the mentioned above, I was sellected as a prefect and I can't remember the selection process as it wouldn't have been for my educational skills!!!! Some of the teachers I can recall were of course Mr. Darvill, the 2 previosly mentioned Mr. Swithenbank, Mr. Popplewell, Mr. Ketteringham, Mr. Collinson, Mr. Cornthaite, Miss Cooke and Mr. Peter Price.

About 10 years after leaving there I was working as a Bus conductor and I had to go to Chaucer to do a bath special and the scholars were brought to the bus by Mr. Price who imediately recognised me and we had a chin wag both there and back, what suprised me was the fact he recognised me after being away for so long.

I remember a school reunion in 1998 held at the wordsworth end. Don`t know of any since. I left in 1981 with Craig Gabbitas.