Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

I agree .  Bidens lot seem to be getting a free pass 

The problem is; politics should absolutely not enter in to it.

Some people will be concerned because they want one political faction to be punished, and the other to get away with stuff.

Other people will be more concerned over the fact that there is an iniquitous justice system at work; and see that as the main issue.

Two very different perspectives.

Just now, Waldo said:

The problem is; politics should absolutely not enter in to it.

No *****, Sherlock!  :)

But then there's reality!

Do you believe that the 7 year continuous, and endless, failed partisan attempts to jail an innocent man, on charges found the be hoaxes.or without evidence after full In vestigations, and deprive voters of their Presidential voting preference is "equal justice under the law"?

Edited by trastrick

Your question presupposes (and even states) he is innocent. Evidence to back up you claim please?

… and before you try it, lack of evidence of guilt is not evidence of innocence.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Your question presupposes (and even states) he is innocent. Evidence to back up you claim please?

… and before you try it, lack of evidence of guilt is not evidence of innocence.

Does that count for Biden and his cohorts?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Does that count for Biden and his cohorts?

OMG, you guys, how many times do I have to state, the same standards should apply to all citizens?

For clarity; I think Trump is a <something I would flush>, and, I would not vote Democrat if I was a US citizen.

Same standards should (in my view) be applied irrespective of an individual’s political affiliation or position in society.

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

OMG, you guys, how many times do I have to state, the same standards should apply to all citizens?

For clarity; I think Trump is a <something I would flush>, and, I would not vote Democrat if I was a US citizen.

Same standards should (in my view) be applied irrespective of an individual’s political affiliation or position in society.

:thumbsup:

Just now, Waldo said:

Under U.S. Law you are presumed to be innocent unless found Guilty in a duly constituted Court of Law!

Even people with half a brain knows the burden of proof in a court of law lies with the prosecution.

Do the words, "Beyond a Shadow of Doubt", ring any bells?  :)

What you fantasize in your head, is not relevant, or reality!  :)

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

Under U.S. Law you are presumed to be innocent unless found Guilty in a duly constituted Court of Law!

Even people with half a brain knows the burden of proof in a court of law lies with the prosecution.

Do the words, "Beyond a Shadow of Doubt", ring any bells?  :)

What you fantasize in your head, is not relevant, or reality!  :)

I was taking ‘innocent’ to mean factually innocent, as opposed to legally ‘innocent’.

Maybe if you said “legally ‘innocent’” you would have communicated your meaning in a less ambiguous way.

Speaking of what some people fantasise.......

Screenshot-20230405-142420.jpg

Just now, Waldo said:

I was taking ‘innocent’ to mean factually innocent, as opposed to legally ‘innocent’.

Maybe if you said “legally ‘innocent’” you would have communicated your meaning in a less ambiguous way.

What nonsense!  :)

We are talking about the administration of justice here, and it's equal application to all!

In your own words:

"He should receive the same standard of justice as any other US citizen".

In which, and I repeat, under law, a citizen  is presumed to be innocent, unless found guilty in a duly constituted Court of Law.

(Just like the Clinton and the Biden Families) :)

What a waste of space you are.

Time out for you!

Edited by trastrick

There is an increasing trend in US politics to use whatever means to gain advantage .

Smear campaigns are evident and not only against the other Party.

Trump stepped this tactic up a notch or two in his first political campaign including rivals within his own party.(Actually the Trump Party has used the GOP as a vehicle for his own purposes)

It’s pathetic to see those who were the targets of his abuse,now fall back into line for the sake of their own political future.

As a result I am pretty certain that Trump will get the Republican nomination.

I am also certain that his current problems will only strengthen his support amongst his faithful.

The question is whether these problems will win him sufficient additional votes from an electorate that voted him out of power after one term.

I sincerely hope not.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RJRB said:

There is an increasing trend in US politics to use whatever means to gain advantage .

Smear campaigns are evident and not only against the other Party.

Trump stepped this tactic up a notch or two in his first political campaign including rivals within his own party.(Actually the Trump Party has used the GOP as a vehicle for his own purposes)

It’s pathetic to see those who were the targets of his abuse,now fall back into line for the sake of their own political future.

As a result I am pretty certain that Trump will get the Republican nomination.

I am also certain that his current problems will only strengthen his support amongst his faithful.

The question is whether these problems will win him sufficient additional votes from an electorate that voted him out of power after one term.

I sincerely hope not.

Yep, agreed.

As I said, his machinations are patently obvious to anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together.

Sadly, it seems a lot of people (both here and in the US), lack the capacity to see him for what he is, or how he is manipulating and using them.

Edited by Waldo