Blades v Norwich

What made you feel unsafe leaving the ground for that game?.

There was a fifteen foot steel wall all the way down the road and it was impossible for the two sets of fans to get near each other outside.

If you're fearful you're fearful, in the same way that some people will no longer go to London as a consequence of terror attacks. Fear is subjective

Edited by Ridgewalk
Add message

What made you feel unsafe leaving the ground for that game?.

There was a fifteen foot steel wall all the way down the road and it was impossible for the two sets of fans to get near each other outside.

I came out of the away end and walked down Bramall Lane both sets of fans converged at the end of John St with only a small barrier between, a few police horse charges and stern words calmed things to a degree, traffic had been stopped from going over the roundabout on St Mary's gate, I walked across there listening to a barrage of insults aimed at Owls fans, got across the other side (I was parked near the Devonshire Cat) and a handful on United knuckle draggers were throwing air bombs into the throng of mainly Owls and including women and children, it took a police horse charge again to end this behaviour.

A vile, ugly end to what should be a good day for the city, it's the only ground in the UK that I would think twice about visiting again.

There was a bad vibe which started around the 75th minute. Events on the field seemed to wind up the less mature section of our crowd. I did feel for the safety of away fans who had to make their way home after the match given the foul mood. Chatted with a man in his 50's afterwards walking down Shoreham street who seemed unhappy with the antics of the Norwich players and officials.

It's all part of the game really, feigning injury and time wasting when you're in front. Their keeper was the main culprit who turned, smiled and winked at the kop after he'd conned the ref and killed another few minutes.

I was a bit disappointed with one or two of our players who got themselves wound up ( Coutts) and ended up with a needless booking.

There was a bad vibe which started around the 75th minute. Events on the field seemed to wind up the less mature section of our crowd. I did feel for the safety of away fans who had to make their way home after the match given the foul mood. Chatted with a man in his 50's afterwards walking down Shoreham street who seemed unhappy with the antics of the Norwich players and officials.

It's all part of the game really, feigning injury and time wasting when you're in front. Their keeper was the main culprit who turned, smiled and winked at the kop after he'd conned the ref and killed another few minutes.

I was a bit disappointed with one or two of our players who got themselves wound up ( Coutts) and ended up with a needless booking.

A bit rich coming from your fans though, they worshipped a manager for years (Warnock) who regularly employed those tactics and still does.

I came out of the away end and walked down Bramall Lane both sets of fans converged at the end of John St with only a small barrier between, a few police horse charges and stern words calmed things to a degree, traffic had been stopped from going over the roundabout on St Mary's gate, I walked across there listening to a barrage of insults aimed at Owls fans, got across the other side (I was parked near the Devonshire Cat) and a handful on United knuckle draggers were throwing air bombs into the throng of mainly Owls and including women and children, it took a police horse charge again to end this behaviour.

A vile, ugly end to what should be a good day for the city, it's the only ground in the UK that I would think twice about visiting again.

Not a the ground then, I was at the front door at the Cricketers and the Wednesday fans who had been held back some with kids came out singing **** off United the city is ours all the way down to St Mary's gate, no concern for the women or children then in what you describe as a vile ugly end to a game much the same as when Wednesday fans brick buses with women and children on them at Hillsborough but hey ho according to you it's United who have a monopoly on this kind of behaviour. Give your head a wobble and take your blue and white tinted specs off for a second and see that this is not just United fans, the FACT that there were only two arrests at the ground and they were Norwich Fans should be a clue.

For the record I don't like football hooligans choose who they claim to support.

That is sad. I sometimes think that the forced segregation of fans exacerbates the situation and creates this, "us and them" mindset. Back in the day Unitedites and Wednesdayites could stand together during the derby, you weren't restricted as to where in the ground you went, which meant that you'd have 15-20 thousand away fans at either ground, the atmosphere was electric without spilling over into violence.

As it is you'll have 2-3000 Unitedites confined in the top tier of the Leppings Lane end and the spectacle will be the poorer for it, ditto when Wednesday come to Bramall Lane.

Not a the ground then, I was at the front door at the Cricketers and the Wednesday fans who had been held back some with kids came out singing **** off United the city is ours all the way down to St Mary's gate, no concern for the women or children then in what you describe as a vile ugly end to a game much the same as when Wednesday fans brick buses with women and children on them at Hillsborough but hey ho according to you it's United who have a monopoly on this kind of behaviour. Give your head a wobble and take your blue and white tinted specs off for a second and see that this is not just United fans, the FACT that there were only two arrests at the ground and they were Norwich Fans should be a clue.

For the record I don't like football hooligans choose who they claim to support.

Not at the ground, it was directly out side as soon as you leave the away end. Not saying for one second that this only happens with united fans, I was highlighting the fact that that was the only time I have ever felt unsafe at a football ground and I've travelled all over the country. To be honest I find these types of people laughable I'm just not so keen about being pelted with live fireworks.

Which game the did the throwing bricks at buses incident occur at?

Not at the ground, it was directly out side as soon as you leave the away end. Not saying for one second that this only happens with united fans, I was highlighting the fact that that was the only time I have ever felt unsafe at a football ground and I've travelled all over the country. To be honest I find these types of people laughable I'm just not so keen about being pelted with live fireworks.

Which game the did the throwing bricks at buses incident occur at?

Brick throwing derby game at Hillsborough the year the Blades fans were in Legends.

I was there bang outside the away end on the day you speak about and there was no problem seen by me and it took a good fifteen minutes of constant swearing and singing by owls before the road cleared. It was impossible for anyone to get near them with the steel barriers which were in place.

The subway at St Mary's gate was another matter.

A bit rich coming from your fans though, they worshipped a manager for years (Warnock) who regularly employed those tactics and still does.

Why would that be rich?,if opposition,and fans of it didn't like it,and allowed themselves to get wound up and complain,why would it be wrong if our fans and manager do the same now.If it was good enough for them then,it's good enough for us now,and valid,Warnock or no Warnock.

Surely we don't have to reduce everything to "yah boo" responses !

Surely we don't have to reduce everything to "yah boo" responses !

Pathetic,you might as well say that it's a bit rich him criticising Warnock tactics coming from a fan of a club who employed Charlton and Wilkinsons industrial style.

Guest sibon
, the FACT that there were only two arrests at the ground and they were Norwich Fans should be a clue.

Sorry to add to an already underwhelming weekend for you but, the fact turned out to be an unfact.

So what clues does that give us? Does the bottling of the Norwich keeper give us any more clues? Or the attack in the Globe? Or the fighting at Boro?

I'd say that United have a problem at the moment. More of a problem than most clubs.