Abusive passenger kicked off Supertram after bigoted tirade

...In no other way has he broken the law. Some people may not agree with what he said and some will ,but he was just voicing his own personal opinion ,using what little is left of freedom of speech in this country.

Probably the only thing he is guilty of is being drunk on the tram.

Just my humble opinion.

Ive always been a believer in the old saying " sticks and stones "

Only the over sensitive get upset by words .

And to answer your question, I would just give back exactly the same as was hurled at me.

It's obvious youre ok with racism by the way you are backing up the bigot on the tram.

It was late night and he was harassing a young girl who was not white and most likely had a scarf on her head.in the context of attacks on Muslims I think she was brave to film the thug. So too the conductress. Good on her

Secondly he verbally attacks in a threatening manner a black fellow sitting with his daughter.. what was that about? You should open your eyes ..

Edited by WestTinsley

Islam just has wierd beliefs

Of course it does. It's an Abrahamic religion like Christianity. Which is also full of quite ludicrous ideas.

However I don't go shouting and bawling at anyone wearing a crucifix, despite holding a personal view that religion - as a whole - is dangerous and outmoded.

It was late night and he was harassing a young girl who was not white and most likely had a scarf on her head.in the context of attacks on Muslims I think she was brave to film the thug. So too the conductress. Good on her

Secondly he verbally attacks in a threatening manner a black fellow sitting with his daughter.. what was that about? You should open your eyes ..

The person who filmed it was not the target of the abuse, she was a 32 year old women called Victoria, so im guessing from the name maybe white and not Muslim.

The abuse was aimed at the two quietly sitting in front of the lady filming it, the black man and his daughter.

Well done to the lady filming and the conductor, behaviour like this should not be tolerated.

The person who filmed it was not the target of the abuse, she was a 32 year old women called Victoria, so im guessing from the name maybe white and not Muslim.

The abuse was aimed at the two quietly sitting in front of the lady filming it, the black man and his daughter.

Well done to the lady filming and the conductor, behaviour like this should not be tolerated.

Well if that's the case I wonder why she decided to film him. ..?

I doubt he's from Sheffield either, the woman he's with sounds like she's from Nottinghamshire

Edited by WestTinsley

Why assume because someone is called Victoria that they aren't a muslim?

Of course it does. It's an Abrahamic religion like Christianity. Which is also full of quite ludicrous ideas.

However I don't go shouting and bawling at anyone wearing a crucifix, despite holding a personal view that religion - as a whole - is dangerous and outmoded.

exactly......

Good point! My Mrs is Muslim but still uses her English name..

Having re listened to the video, it appears he was talking to her as if she was non Muslim.

BTW what is a Muslim name..?; I know plenty of Arabs etc., who have Arabic or 'Muslim' names who arent muslim or religious..

Edited by WestTinsley

To go off on a tirade like that is completely unacceptable.

Emotions are running high at the moment with recent terror attacks and the problems with child grooming / rape gangs, the majority of which are Muslim. He is entitled to free speech but not to force opinions on others in such an intimidating way.

I didn't assume, i made an educated guess, based on reading the articles and watching the video.

If you actually read the articles written about the incident it clearly says the abuse was aimed at the people infront. The way the abuser was speaking to the women filming, it is obvious he thinks she is not a Muslim, so more than likely white and while this doesn't mean she is not a Muslim it does make it much less likely, as does the way in which she is responding to the drivel he is spouting.

Well if that's the case I wonder why she decided to film him. ..?

I doubt he's from Sheffield either, the woman he's with sounds like she's from Nottinghamshire

Im guessing she hated what he was saying and wanted to do something about it.

To go off on a tirade like that is completely unacceptable.

Emotions are running high at the moment with recent terror attacks and the problems with child grooming / rape gangs, the majority of which are Muslim. He is entitled to free speech but not to force opinions on others in such an intimidating way.

He wasn't forcing opinions he was spouting religious hatred which is illegal....

Having re listened to the video, it appears he was talking to her as if she was non Muslim.

BTW what is a Muslim name..?; I know plenty of Arabs etc., who have Arabic or 'Muslim' names who arent muslim or religious..

I have worked with six Iraqis ( one was my boss ) All six were Catholics, I have also worked with lots of Iranians and Lebanese who were Muslim. All these guys were great people . Everyone had Arabic names but lots also had English nicknames.