Sign in to follow this  

Who knows more about this? Stannington wind turbine

don't think they're too bad, not sure, there's 13 near penistone if you ever feel like taking a trip (just in case)

Theres already one up at the top of Stannington, (A bit further on from High Riggs Nurseries)

It isn't an eyesore at all.

It isn't an eyesore at all.

Oh yes it is!:)

I'd like a small-ish one on the side of my house. Haven't asked the neighbours what they think yet!

Couldn't hear much from the Heeley city farm turbine when I stood next to it!

I think they look great.

The parish council sound a bit nimby-ish: we like renewable, just not round here?

We're just switching our electricity to an all renewable supplier. Doesn't cost much more, about £20 a year extra.

http://www.good-energy.co.uk

good news - if i had a garden i'd have my own and create my own green energy!

Turbines are incredibly beautiful, the few up Stannington way are a great example, and you'll never hear them make any noise. The only way you'd hear a modern wind turbine make noise is if you were standing under one doing full revs while the wind was making no sound at all. Two thumbs up to wind power!:thumbsup:

I find it interesting that all the people who object to green power on their doorstep are more than happy to have their electricity from a coal powered station on somebody else's doorstep :mad:

find me one 'green power' objector who doesn't have an electricity supply :suspect:

I don't object to one but I'm not sure I want to live near one, put on up on manor Top instead. this is high ground and would get lots of wind.

Why not put one on manor top as well? :)

PS: Very cute cat slim