Are our Tower Blocks safe?

So the victims are to blame if the criminals con them. Thankfully your opinion isn't worth much.

Sadly this is what happens when the private sector is involved, they are always more interested in making a profit rather than the value of human lives. If the council has to watch their every move to make sure they're not pulling a fast one, maybe the council should do the work themselves.

What a ridiculous comment . The council have to check the work , if the work is not done as it should be , then the work should not be signed off ,

What I was after, i think was a council member to tell the TRUTH, this spin crap has ruined Britten, no one admits to mistakes any more, were all human and we all make mistakes. If the council had come out and said "were not sure about our high rise flats, but we will find out ASAP and if work needs to be done it will be done" - not come out with " our hgh rise flats are SAFE"

Guest makapaka
What I was after, i think was a council member to tell the TRUTH, this spin crap has ruined Britten, no one admits to mistakes any more, were all human and we all make mistakes. If the council had come out and said "were not sure about our high rise flats, but we will find out ASAP and if work needs to be done it will be done" - not come out with " our hgh rise flats are SAFE"

This is entirely misinformed.

I listened to Janet sharpe on the radio last week.

She said they had done extensive work to firesafe tower blocks in the city and they were considered safe.

She then said that despite this they would undertake a thorough review following the findings of the grenfell Fire tragedy.

They have done this and have identified issues which they are rectifying within a week of uncovering them.

You're ill informed over reaction is more damaging as any supposed "spin".

So the victims are to blame if the criminals con them. Thankfully your opinion isn't worth much.

Sadly this is what happens when the private sector is involved, they are always more interested in making a profit rather than the value of human lives. If the council has to watch their every move to make sure they're not pulling a fast one, maybe the council should do the work themselves.

Just to clarify - who are you referring to here as 'the victims'??

This is entirely misinformed.

I listened to Janet sharpe on the radio last week.

She said they had done extensive work to firesafe tower blocks in the city and they were considered safe.

She then said that despite this they would undertake a thorough review following the findings of the grenfell Fire tragedy.

They have done this and have identified issues which they are rectifying within a week of uncovering them.

You're ill informed over reaction is more damaging as any supposed "spin".

they were safe and then less than a week later , there are issues

Guest makapaka
they were safe and then less than a week later , there are issues

they still consider the flats to be safe - they most probably are.

But they investigated it and are dealing with it.