No Trees = No Labour! Dawn Raids Swung me!

That part is fairly obvious.

What should also be obvious was the hugely strong opinion of the people to leave them the F alone!

Also it's the waking people up is one issue. My job is rest sensative and if my own company disturb my rest I can't go to work. So that's not ideal. Imagine a surgeon having his rest disturbed before performing a major operation and not been on his game due all the stress that morning caused on the street!

Also the council HAVE to give notice of road closures etc for people to make other arrangements. Notice is not 5am a policeman knocking. That could give some old dear a heart attack!

Sorry but it was reckless and stupid.

As for people asking why bearing I think a general election has on local stuff. Well it's a messsge to the local counciers from me that they can go jump off a bridge. Want nothing to do with any party that employs those kinds of people anywhere.

We live in a civilised society, hopefully anyway,and anybody has a right to protest, but when it is at the point that it stops people doing thier work it has gone beyond a peaceful protest.

---------- Post added 19-05-2017 at 11:30 ----------

They should respect the will of the residents of Sheffield and abide by the ITP that they themselves set up.

That said, what the Tories have been doing is far worse than the amateur commando tactics of SCC, they'll get theirs at the local election, for now the only thing that is important is stopping the conservatives.

---------- Post added 19-05-2017 at 07:38 ----------

If you're in a constituency where LD can win, then vote LD.

What about the protesters recognising the rights of people who want a tree down because it's breaking a pavement up.

What about the protesters recognising the rights of people who want a tree down because it's breaking a pavement up.

I reckon the tree was there first. You sound like the kind of person who moves to the country then complains about cockerels crowing.

I reckon the tree was there first. You sound like the kind of person who moves to the country then complains about cockerels crowing.

I reckon the tree wouldn't have been damaging the pavement or breaking through the sides of a sewer first off.

If there were no other engineering solutions available or recommended then, sure, remove the tree.

However we all know that isn't the case. Tree removals are taking place in the name of corporate profit and nothing else.

I reckon the tree wouldn't have been damaging the pavement or breaking through the sides of a sewer first off.

Pruning it regularly is the best answer all round. Except perhaps for the NIMBY's who move in next to a tree and complain about it dropping leaves.

I have no patience for that type.

If there were no other engineering solutions available or recommended then, sure, remove the tree.

However we all know that isn't the case. Tree removals are taking place in the name of corporate profit and nothing else.

I suppose if the council make money on it then that must be a bonus for all council tax and ratepayers. At least if the system is working as it should.

---------- Post added 20-05-2017 at 16:00 ----------

Pruning it regularly is the best answer all round. Except perhaps for the NIMBY's who move in next to a tree and complain about it dropping leaves.

I have no patience for that type.

I think some are a bit beyond pruning now as the damage is done. Around forty or fifty years ago it was never a problem because everything was maintained on a regular basis. Pavements, roads, sewers and trees.

The council don't make money on it. Amey make money on it.

And this is all getting really off topic, which is that the NHS is frankly more important than the trees, so even though the local labour council aren't acting in the best interests of Sheffield, the conservative central government will be worse for the entire country.

The council don't make money on it. Amey make money on it.

And this is all getting really off topic, which is that the NHS is frankly more important than the trees, so even though the local labour council aren't acting in the best interests of Sheffield, the conservative central government will be worse for the entire country.

I do think the conservatives have now gone badly wrong on care and the NHS.

Dementia tax, sell your house for care home fees, creeping privatisation of the NHS, didn't they suggest a fee to visit the GP recently as well?

And the contract debacle that Hunt has presided over, causing the first ever strike by NHS doctors!

If everybody who didn't vote last time voted this time, then anybody could win.

Equally, anybody could win even if everybody who didn't vote last time didn't vote this time.

I won't be voting for Labour in the next Council elections. They really do need some stiff competition and somebody to hold them to account. They take it for granted they will be elected, and that makes them very complacent and stuck in the old ways of doing things.

That's not good.

That's exactly what I believe about the conservatives at the national level

Dementia tax, sell your house for care home fees, creeping privatisation of the NHS, didn't they suggest a fee to visit the GP recently as well?

And the contract debacle that Hunt has presided over, causing the first ever strike by NHS doctors!

If the tories get in (which they will) and bring in those policies (which they might) labour will reverse none of them as and when (if?) they get in again.