How much would you pay for a signed sheffield united shield?

At the beginning of the football season (August 05), Sheffield United kindly donated a shield signed by all the players to help our fundraising. We thought we would probably get more for it by selling it separately rather than as part of the raffle. Unfortunately, as I work in Rotherham, there aren't as many United fans as in Sheffield! We haven't a clue how much to ask for it, so I thought that someone on SF might be able to give us an idea!

I work in a respite care unit for adults with learning disabilities and our funds pay for things like play station/games, activities, DVDs, karaoke machines and other leisure items. The council buys basics like TVs, washing machines, hoovers etc but 'luxuries' have to be purchased from our amenities fund.

I work in a respite care unit for adults with learning disabilities and our funds pay for things like play station/games, activities, DVDs, karaoke machines and other leisure items. The council buys basics like TVs, washing machines, hoovers etc but 'luxuries' have to be purchased from our amenities fund.

You can buy framed shirts in the Lane store for about £60-70, or at least you could do a couple of years ago.

I won one at the start of the 2002-03 season and that's what they were worth then. Mine has some obscure reserve players as well as the first team players too so it might be worth trying to work out who signed it to see of that may increase the value .....

I would seriously say raffle it at £1 a ticket and do a load of leg work ... I'll have at least £5 worth :wave: , and try to get to a couple of hundred quid or so. Ask in pubs and clubs if they'll maybe sell a few ....

You won't get too much just selling it. Check ebay for current prices on net auctions, and you'll see hardly any teams apart from top of the top divisions in England or Scotland making over 3 figures.

Hope this helps and bloody good luck :)

Helps if I read it properly :blush: ..... (shield not shirt) :blush: ...... what sort of shield? It will have a bearing on what to sell it for, if you don't (gulp) raffle it ....

Thanks for the advice Happy, it did seem a lot of work for a little shield!!! I will look on ebay to see if I can find anything comparable. It may come down to a raffle yet. ;)

Uncle, I think most of the people in Rotherham probably think the same as you which is why I thought I would sound out Sheffield people (I'm a Wednesday fan myself so I agree with you).