The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

The concern of the remainers is that the leavers don't fully understand the implications of their decision. And that when they do, they won't admit that they were wrong but have taken the UK down a one-way street.

The leavers now appear to be trying to lay the blame for the failings of brexit on the remainers for not supporting their (IMHO misguided) decision and proposing that the future chaos will be their fault.

Therefore the remainers are not happy about: being forced to commit suicide and then getting blamed for it.

How has Brexit failed? It has not happened yet.

How has Brexit failed? It has not happened yet.

It has been admitted that it is going to fail to deliver on the £350 million to the NHS, the reduction in immigration and I have lost track of what else.

Even without having happened, it has failed to keep a significant amount of business in the country.

Why?

I want the £350 million a WEEK that was promised by the Brexiters.

Where is it?

Maybe the remain camp could've made a better effort at dispelling the £350 million while the campaign was on?

I voted out in the Scottish referendum. I obviously was on the losing side, and after a bit of moaning and foaming i just got on with it.

I wouldn't bother with these remainers as they have become bitter and angrier and you are the one brexiter seriously debating the issue with them...

Wow, that is telling. Unbeliever is the best that Brexit can put forward here and you think his constant evasion constitutes serious debating? :roll:

Edited by Hairyloon

Maybe the remain camp could've made a better effort at dispelling the £350 million while the campaign was on?

There is a basic problem there. Some people take an interest, and listen to the debates and do their best to make an informed decision.

Other people just see what is written on the side of a bus, or on a big poster and believe it.

Some people might suggest that the latter people are simply b---- stupid, but I'll leave you all to consider the evidence and make your own minds up.

I voted out in the Scottish referendum. I obviously was on the losing side, and after a bit of moaning and foaming i just got on with it.

There is a bit of a fundamental difference between the two referenda: the Scottish referendum was conducted over an appropriate time scale, enough to get the mud-slinging out of the way and move onto the proper debates there was time enough to properly look at the issues and refute the misinformation.

I may be wrong, but I believe the campaign was conducted without utter, blatant out and out bull**** from both sides.

Also, wasn't that one set out to be binding rather than advisory?

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 20:37 ----------

To think that all this started as a squabble between two Bullingdon Boys (Cameron and Johnson) over who could wee up the wall highest.

It has ended up destroying the country as we know it.

Good old Eton.

Back it up then Jackanory.

It is self evident: the country as we know it was not divided over the results of a badly run referendum.

I wouldn't bother with these remainers as they have become bitter and angrier and you are the one brexiter seriously debating the issue with them but it seems they get some kind of pleasure out of being nasty and insulting towards you.

This is my observation and I'm sure others have noticed it too, leave them to simmer in their own nastiness....

Yip.

I've noticed the same over the last month how this topic has deteriorated into bullying-fest.

If unbeliever pulls out the bullies are redundant...but, why should he?

Awww. Poor lamb. Didda nasty man ask qwestions you don't have answers to?
No need to ask questions any more, when the answers write themselves with increasing regularity. Graph paints a 1000 words.

Just more official statistics vindicating what we (as a private local business servicing mostly UK demand, local and not) have been experiencing at the coalface for a while now, both directly (clients holding out on spending commitments and new cases) and indirectly (clients asking for extended payment terms on aged debt, looking legitimate enough after a look at their financials).

Pre-financial crisis, I expected the litmus test (for our game, IP) for "bad times" to be increasing litigation (little in the way of new filings, pending cases going abandoned, but tons more contentious work: clients in all walks of business life aggressively looking after their market share). It was fully validated shortly after 2008. It's ramping up again.

Edited by L00b
typos and temporal clarification