The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

I'm rather looking forward to the hold-out remainers hopelessly scouring around for some reason to reject the legitimacy referendum result, or its interpretation, when it has been followed up by a GE.

Theres that broad abusive brush of yours again.

Tell me do people punch you on the nose more or less often these days?

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 09:44 ----------

I'm still rather looking forward to the swathes of working class voters duped into backing the Tories' game again (working classes voting for Tories, oh what a world we live in! :hihi::hihi::hihi:), wallowing in their self-inflicted misery in a few years' time :twisted:

The real issue is when that occurs there is very likely to be considerable violence. Remember the issues after Mark Duggan? I can see that being writ large all over again and for a lot longer....

When the King is turned away from Hull is when the real trouble will start. (If 1642 is anything to go by). :cool:

And why individual voters voted the way they did is not the relevant issue: what is important is why the electorate overall voted the way it did. That is something that I have not seen discussed anywhere.

Maybe the answer will help understand why 13 million registered voters didn't turn out as well. The question was IN or OUT but they were so busy trying to belittle one another they failed to see what was happening and how people felt and had been feeling for some time.

It's been said that they are out of touch with people, perhaps now they might listen.

Exactly so, and how is the electorate supposed to express that point in a binary referendum on the wrong question?

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 10:22 ----------

Once again, you demonstrate that you don't believe in democracy. How do you live with yourself?

Once again you demonstrate that you don't understand it. Ignorance is bliss.

Once again you demonstrate that you don't understand it. Ignorance is bliss.

There's a difference between "not understanding" and rejecting your fake version of it.

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 10:25 ----------

I was not including you. There are a vast majority of decent people on both sides.

It's hard to keep up with all the simultaneous arguments on this thread :cry:

I will never feel bad about my decision but don't hold back on using emoticons on my account.
No one is asking you to, and emoticons are free to use :)

The real issue is when that occurs there is very likely to be considerable violence. Remember the issues after Mark Duggan? I can see that being writ large all over again and for a lot longer....
Whilst there was a time, not so long ago, wherein I would have cared about this, I'm afraid Ms May's government and hardline Brexiters have long since driven that goodwill comfortably into negative figures.

Collectively they've <removed> on me. I'm a fast learner and adapter, and I don't ever get <removed> on twice.

The 25% of Sicilian DNA does the rest insofar as harbouring a moral sense/conscience about those 'left behind' is concerned.

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

Whilst there was a time, not so long ago, wherein I would have cared about this, I'm afraid Ms May's government and hardline Brexiters have long since driven that goodwill comfortably into negative figures.

Collectively they've <removed> on me. I'm a fast learner and adapter, and I don't ever get <removed> on twice.

The 25% of Sicilian DNA does the rest insofar as harbouring a moral sense/conscience about those 'left behind' is concerned.

See. Loathing.

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

See. Loathing.
When people stop building a constructive relationship and reciprocating goodwill with you, do you still engage with and rely on them?

There's no loathing. Just complete and utter indifference.

There's no loathing. Just complete and utter indifference.

Indifference is usually accompanied by fewer words.

It's loathing.

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 09:44 ----------

Remember that the people who go out and riot are not usually the middle aged and people of pensionable age.

The violence when it comes will be from angry young remain voters with a healthy smattering of angry young leave voters. They will have common cause. The coming together of the country described by May is not going to be what she expects at all. At that point we risk an autocratic response IMO but I think we will reject that if it happens and that will be cathartic for the country.

Exactly so, and how is the electorate supposed to express that point in a binary referendum on the wrong question?

I don't believe they considered the possibility that Leave would get the vote thats why the choice was so arrogantly simple. Had they have been more aware the choice might have been fuller in content.

Edited by nikki-red
Fixed the quotes

Remember that the people who go out and riot are not usually the middle aged and people of pensionable age.

The violence when it comes will be from angry young remain voters with a healthy smattering of angry young leave voters. They will have common cause. The coming together of the country described by May is not going to be what she expects at all. At that point we risk an autocratic response IMO but I think we will reject that if it happens and that will be cathartic for the country.

¿ Yes let us all reject the referendum result and the outcome of the general election in the name of democracy! ¿