The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

I bet giving money to a millionaire feels great.. :hihi:

Jeez. Gina Miller is so hysterical that mainstream Remainers won't touch her. She's still convinced the government doesn't have a mandate to pursue Brexit. :roll:

Jeez. Gina Miller is so hysterical that mainstream Remainers won't touch her. She's still convinced the government doesn't have a mandate to pursue Brexit. :roll:

She is not the only one.

Anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear thinks the same.

Even Theresa May does not think she has.

Why do you think that she is mortgaging her future on obtaining one in a GE?

But make no mistake, election victory or not, this matter will never be settled.

It has moved beyond its original manifestation, and is now a serious threat to this country's future.

Cameron created a Frankenstein monster.

Don't let it happen again folks - we are leaving the eu - don't do it under a power hungry repressive Tory government.

Everyone remains so focused on the leaving that they are forgetting that what the extremes of the Tory party have planned for us afterwards is so much worse.

But that didn't answer the question...

Did it not?

If another yes/no question had been answered by "do bears crap in the woods?" would you think that question not answered?

From her comments I dont think May believes she has a mandate either.

Or else why is there a general election in the offing?

But make no mistake, election victory or not, this matter will never be settled.

It has moved beyond its original manifestation, and is now a serious threat to this country's future.

Cameron created a Frankenstein monster.

The last time I remember a major policy decision being made on the back of a pack of falsehoods was for the invasion of Iraq. 13 years later the bitterness remained, Iraq was a mess and Blair a broken man.

The last time I remember a major policy decision being made on the back of a pack of falsehoods was for the invasion of Iraq. 13 years later the bitterness remained, Iraq was a mess and Blair a broken man.

To think that all this started as a squabble between two Bullingdon Boys (Cameron and Johnson) over who could wee up the wall highest.

It has ended up destroying the country as we know it.

Good old Eton.

Or else why is there a general election in the offing?

Because it is politically expedient.

In the same way that left vs right politics will never be settled. Of course if you look at what's happening across all western democracies, the old left-right divisions have become global-outlook vs national-outlook divisions.

A century ago Europeans were slaughtering themselves fueled by nationalism. I don't see that happening in the 21st century with rise of nationalism today. We're a civilised bunch now.

Gina Miller gets things done.

You might want to review that smiley face if she pulls this one off. She's already taken St Theresa on once and won.

If she is so sure then why does she not put up here own money instead of asking for others to stake it? In any-case I will review the smily face if she does pull this off (extremely unlikely) and I may even have a bet on that she doesn't.

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 00:52 ----------

Everyone remains so focused on the leaving that they are forgetting that what the extremes of the Tory party have planned for us afterwards is so much worse.

Been at that crystal ball again I see..:)

I care because it's fun watching the people who have trashed my country of origin squirm every single time it's brought up. I've got decades of that particular one to play and they've never got an answer apart from abuse.

We don't all behave in that way Obelix, I've not been abusive. I have seen it from both sides however, it isn't one way traffic and, just to be clear. Speaking personally, my mind was made up long before all the mud slinging began, remember, the referendum was spoken way before it occurred.

Ok, so you dont like the result, none of you do and that is your right but it's wrong to believe you know why people voted in the way they did just as it's wrong to pin labels on them for doing so.