Problem with oven?

Hello I have a problem with my fan oven - the grill comes on when I turn just the fan oven on... has anyone had this before?

It's about 3 years old I know its not a great make Lamona...

Are the Oven and the grill on the same switch?

If so, then that is most likely the problem, ESPECIALLY if you have had other problems with with Oven/Grill recently.

"Lamona" eh? Never heard of that make before.

I'd do one of the following things:

1 Check to see if it's still in warranty. If so, call the manufacturer or shop where you bought it and get it fixed for free.

2 If it's not in warranty, consider taking out a policy with Domestic & General or someone like that, which covers your household appliances. Wait a few weeks then make a claim.

3 Go online and look for the manufacturer's operating manual for that make and model oven. Nearly all manufacturer's put their instruction booklets on line these days. Look up the "Troubleshooting" section and see if this fault is listed.

4 Get a reputable electrician to check it out.

5 Get saving up to buy a new oven and go for a good quality brand next time, like Bosch, AEG, Neff, Siemens, Miele.

"Buy Cheap - Buy Twice" Many people in Sheffield don't seem to appreciate this.

Good luck!

Edited by DerbyTup

Lamona brand are badged by Hoover Candy group normally sold in places like Howdens and come with their kitchens.

"Lamona" eh? Never heard of that make before.

As above, they're re-badged appliances sold by Howdens with the appliances being sourced from Hoover/Candy, Beko and others.

Yeah thanks for the replies it only happened a few times after I posted this and it seems to be fine now ....