Naseem Hamed sentenced to 15 months & 4 year driving ban - now released

What shocked me was the way his arrogant family & so called friends took it on themselves to attack people outside of the courthouse,where were the police.This has been ,has got what he deserves,anyone who drives like that should not be able to drive again ,never mind in 4 years time.Brendan Ingle looked embarrased & uncomfortable with the questions thrown at him,but he did say reading between the line's that he got too big headed.I hope he has time to reflect on the suffering he has caused this poor man & his family.

Absolutely fantastic !!! Best news all week. :hihi:

He should have got at least 3 years IMO though!

Bloody idiot and only 4 year driving ban. He should have been banned for life... the muppet!

What amuses me is that he's clearly washed up as a boxer so he went into property. Well, he's lost the affection of just about everyone in Sheffield now (gone from being an idol to an embarrassment), and shown himself up to be a liar and untrustworthy. Who is going to do business with him now apart from other small time crooks?

At the risk of being contoversial.

I think 15 months in prison is a bit OTT. Yes I know he critically injured somebody, but as others have said, kill somebody and you can also get community service.

Nas would be much better serving the community by teaching kids to keep fit or boxing for 12 months, or spending his millions building a boxing school than locked away.

I think there are much more credible people already doing that prison is the best place for the coward.As for spending his millions he would rather buy a high powered car a smash it into someones face .

The great Nazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem ,is in the eyes of his solicitor a braveboy .

So did he save someones life No, did he stop a mugging No, did he talk someone out of a suicide bid No , he ran away the act of coward ,he did nothing brave that day.

Absolutely fantastic !!! Best news all week. :hihi:

He should have got at least 3 years IMO though!

Bloody idiot and only 4 year driving ban. He should have been banned for life... the muppet!

I agree, First time i hear about this today. I thought that he get off without going into prison with him been a "celeb" and with the money he got, it normaly happens when a person is in the public eye, But im glad that he got what he got just like any joe public would if they did the same. But yes i agree he should have got a ban for life from driveing as well. I wonder if this will stop him been the arrogant no one can touch me of a human he thinks he is.

Carl, I was sorry to read your post. It depicts one of the worst traits prevalent in society today, 'if it doesn't affect me, it doesn't matter, I'll turn a blind eye'. Actually, rather than collapsing into anarchy, I think the world would be a much better place to live in if we started treating others as if they were members of our family. I can't help thinking of Niemoller's utterance, here....

Bloody hell ,I'm inspired by your post Diva

yes but look what is going to happen he may have been sentenced to 15 months but he will only do 7 months 2 weeks then he will be free to reak havoc once again and this 4 year driving ban do you think that will stop him, he will be back behind the wheel of a car because thats how smug he is he couldnt have given a toss if that chap he smashed his car in too lived or died, too bloody big headed for his own good lets just hope he gets took down a peg or two when he is inside. I myself think he should have got at least 5 years if it had been an english person who had crashed his car and was found guilty of dangerous driving he would have got 5 year for it, but because he is famous he got a light sentence he will be sat inside the prison laughing at the sentence he got he knows he will only do half of the 15 months he got then back out to what ever he wants to do.

Reading the BBC News on the subject, apparently he might have got a longer sentence if it hadn’t been for the DVLA who allegedly (judge criticised them) refused to give the police information on a previous driving ban. They did so quoting “Human Rights”. I wonder what that’s supposed to mean? Do we all have them, or what?

15 months is not long enough for what he did, he will be out in 8 months!! That poor chap won't be back to normal will he in 15 months. I hope he sues Naz for millions. Hit him where it hurts the most.

Totaly Agree with you hope Naz serves his few months in a nice hard prison & not some nice easy soft jail.

I think its fair to say that the majority of Sheffielders will not miss him whilst we tax payers pay for his accomodation over the next few months . Hope when he gets out he moves down south somewhere .

IMO it should have been four years inside, and a life ban on driving.

he left them for dead, running off tryin g to avoid arrest. He conspired to pervert the course of justice, by trying to change clothes, and get family to lie for him.

Despicable.

Lee hurst got six years for a similar crime (ok, a chap did die in that incident)

If someone drives *that* recklessly (as hamed and Hurst both did,) it should be treated as attempted murder, no less, and Murder if someone dies as a result.

What did this muppet think he was going to do, travelling at that speed (as is his wont), pulling those sort of stunts (again, his wont)?

He did this in the full knowledge that he was putting other road users at risk.

In my book he should have felt the full weight of the law come down on him. I don't believe a sentence this short is adequate.

P "yes, I lost a relative in a car smash, why do you ask?" T

if he does get back behind the wheel, as some people are suggesting, then he will get caught and he will be punished again.