Sex Consultation Sheffield City Council

Who does this group of 26 stakeholders consist of? Are you property/business owners?

I think I went to a couple of group meetings when I had an office in Banners. It wasn't well attended.

I think I went to a couple of group meetings when I had an office in Banners. It wasn't well attended.

That was a different group, Attercliffe Town Team, led by the council, whose main priorities appear to have been flower arranging.

The Attercliffe Development Group have the backing of local MPs and Councillors, of business people, property owners and construction/property related professionals; formal group meetings are held monthly, they are actively attempting to raise the profile of the regeneration of Attercliffe and seek a wide support base.

Please refer to their facebook page for further details https://www.facebook.com/EastSheffield/

In the draft policy:

"We feel we must endeavour to reduce the normalisation of the sexualisation and objectification of women, avoid exploitation of women and to promote healthy sexual practices."

Wow, far too many long words there. Let's try this instead:

We do not want women to be sexualised, objectified, or exploited. We do want to promote healthy sexual practices

Better?

Okay, users of SF, did anyone read or comment on the consultation or contact SCC to have their say?

:-)

You have been very specific with your comments, which will hopefully result in your views being considered, however, it is a bit like the elephant in the room, SCC are failing to address the fundamental problem of the red-light sector and all that entails, in it's Sex Establishment Consultation.

:-)

You have been very specific with your comments, which will hopefully result in your views being considered, however, it is a bit like the elephant in the room, SCC are failing to address the fundamental problem of the red-light sector and all that entails, in it's Sex Establishment Consultation.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. The "red light sector" cannot be considered as part of this particular consultation. This consultation is to seek views on the licensing of sexual entertainment venues (lap dancing etc), sex cinemas and sex shops. These venues are licensable under the Local Government Act of 1982, as amended by the Police and Crime Act of 2009.

Perhaps the Council does need to deal with "the elephant in the room" of the red light district, but it cannot be done through licensing policies unless there is a change in primary legislation.

Excellent work!

Now what about the 3 massage parlours (yeah right!) on Worksop Road - all of which are within a short stones throw of the Oasis Academy school.

They shouldnt have built the school there then.

---------- Post added 07-02-2017 at 21:46 ----------

We bought the fantasy locker sex shop and have shut it down, Attercliffe needs cleaning up and these types of places need moving somewhere else.

Why is that then ? What is your objection to them ?

I have said it before, and I will say it again. The "red light sector" cannot be considered as part of this particular consultation.

I do understand this point.

This consultation is to seek views on the licensing of sexual entertainment venues (lap dancing etc), sex cinemas and sex shops. These venues are licensable under the Local Government Act of 1982, as amended by the Police and Crime Act of 2009.

Perhaps the Council does need to deal with "the elephant in the room" of the red light district, but it cannot be done through licensing policies unless there is a change in primary legislation.

It has been done in other cities in the UK, there is a way, but SCC are content to turn a blind eye, and condone abuse, they have no backbone (as can be seen with the destruction of the environment with their tree felling crusade).

In the nearly 30 years that I have lived in Sheffield, I have not seen discernable change or enlightenment from SCC.

SCC are the single most significant body that holds Sheffield back from being the city it could be.

I watched that documentary about City Sauna, it was such a shame those women were having a gun held to their heads being forced to work there....

I watched that documentary about City Sauna, it was such a shame those women were having a gun held to their heads being forced to work there....

Tip of the iceberg.......

Perhaps you not aware of the convictions for abuse, in the press this week, committed in South Yorkshire?

Tip of the iceberg.......

Of what? Women being used against their will? They looked happy enough to me.

Comparing that place to the convictions you mentioned is utterly ridiculous