Do The Owls need Jordan Rhodes? Signing now confirmed

1295galaxy

I must be missing something here, our strikers have scored thirty one times in twenty seven league games and we don,t need JR, get real. His record of 155 goals in 283 appearance at this level cannot be dismissed. This club no longer has to shop in the bargain basement, our chairman has set the bar and has shown he is prepared to spend, i appreciate the present strikers have not always got the service, but when they have chances have gone begging. This season up to now has been a an improvement on what we achieved last season and i am sure that if we do bring in JR we will have the firepower to take that one more step. He scored six in fourteen to to take Middlesborough up, was he worth twelve million, of course he was. Only goals will get us promotion a player is available who has been there and done it , i say it would be a no brainer not to bring him in,and just maybe he can do it for us.

I must be missing something here, our strikers have scored thirty one times in twenty seven league games and we don,t need JR, get real. His record of 155 goals in 283 appearance at this level cannot be dismissed. This club no longer has to shop in the bargain basement, our chairman has set the bar and has shown he is prepared to spend, i appreciate the present strikers have not always got the service, but when they have chances have gone begging. This season up to now has been a an improvement on what we achieved last season and i am sure that if we do bring in JR we will have the firepower to take that one more step. He scored six in fourteen to to take Middlesborough up, was he worth twelve million, of course he was. Only goals will get us promotion a player is available who has been there and done it , i say it would be a no brainer not to bring him in,and just maybe he can do it for us.

How has this season been an improvement on last seasons achievements?

Jordan Rhodes deal done at £8 million plus add ons according to reports at last a top 20 plus goal scorer now we cannot fail to be promoted,what great news,might even get my champions bid correct,,but not bothered promotion this year will do,great news and chance to train before next match goals galore are coming now.

Look at the table and the points for the same time as last year.

Have the Owls got stronger or the league got weaker? I think the latter. A side from the top six, the rest don't seem to be wanting promotion. Even Newcastle are beatable, losing 7 times already. Leeds aren't doing too badly but I can't think of any other club a side from Brighton who are stronger. Compared to last season, I believe the leagues weaker.

I do however expect you to make a serious promotion challenge between now and May. I think you'll get that 2nd spot... even more so if you sign Jordan Rhodes... it would be a disaster if you didn't get promoted if you signed him.

You'd be daft not to want a player of his ability, his scoring record is second to non and a signing like that would be a big sign of your intentions to get out of this league. On the flip side it is a lot of money and his salary will be huge, if you do not get promoted this year you could be forking out a lot of money in terms of the Championship. Having said that, your squad on paper is one of the best in the league and adding Rhodes to that will only improve your chances. Worryingly for me (this is not easy to say) but it shows the gap between us is growing in a week were we sign James Hanson for about 30p and you're looking at Rhodes. We need to get out of league one asap before we fall even further behind.

You'd be daft not to want a player of his ability, his scoring record is second to non and a signing like that would be a big sign of your intentions to get out of this league. On the flip side it is a lot of money and his salary will be huge, if you do not get promoted this year you could be forking out a lot of money in terms of the Championship. Having said that, your squad on paper is one of the best in the league and adding Rhodes to that will only improve your chances. Worryingly for me (this is not easy to say) but it shows the gap between us is growing in a week were we sign James Hanson for about 30p and you're looking at Rhodes. We need to get out of league one asap before we fall even further behind.

If Rhodes is signed I agree with you it's a big statement of intent during this transfer window, however if he isn't and a big signing isn't completed this transfer window could suggest the opposite as it has been very mediocre up to this point.

If Rhodes is signed I agree with you it's a big statement of intent during this transfer window, however if he isn't and a big signing isn't completed this transfer window could suggest the opposite as it has been very mediocre up to this point.

Yes I agree with that, Winnall is reasonable at this level but the signing of Fox is a strange one.

Suppose time will tell, there's always loads of rumours around this time of year and it's hard to decipher which ones are complete made up rubbish and which ones are genuine.

Yes agree with this... mind due, if he's good enough for John Terry, then he's good enough for me :hihi: